Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Slow Boat to Brisbane!

Slow Boat to Brisbane!

Old Jan 5th 2010, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Slow Boat to Brisbane!

16 November 2009 - House emptied, contents packed by Crown, delivered to their warehouse. Promised faithfully by guy who quoted us, removal manager and packing guys that they were very busy, had removals booked every day and shipments leaving the country daily. Wouldn't be too long to fill up our shared container and get them on the way.

Nothing then until..................................

24 December 2009 - Container finally leaves warehouse. However ship didn't leave Liverpool until 31 December 2009 and is now currently anchored north of Belgium. Estimated arrival time in Brisbane 5 March 2010!!!! I could probably Kayak back to the UK quicker than that.

Our 12 week door to door time now looks more likely to be nearer to 20 weeks!

Oh well, yet another thing to add to the list of things that have p&^%$#d us off.

Rant over
Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Slow Boat to Brisbane!

Originally Posted by chrissystevo
16 November 2009 - House emptied, contents packed by Crown, delivered to their warehouse. Promised faithfully by guy who quoted us, removal manager and packing guys that they were very busy, had removals booked every day and shipments leaving the country daily. Wouldn't be too long to fill up our shared container and get them on the way.

24 December 2009 - Container finally leaves warehouse. However ship didn't leave Liverpool until 31 December 2009 and is now currently anchored north of Belgium. Estimated arrival time in Brisbane 5 March 2010!!!! I could probably Kayak back to the UK quicker than that.

Oh well, yet another thing to add to the list of things that have p&^%$#d us off.

Rant over
Oh that's not good at all! That's a ridiculous amount of time for it to take. I would be making a big noise to the senior management at Crown if I was you!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light

E-mail sent to Move Manager asking for some speedy answers, no doubt to be followed by another serious e-mail asking for some money back to cover the cost of some furniture and white goods I'm going to have to buy or rent.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
Oh that's not good at all! That's a ridiculous amount of time for it to take. I would be making a big noise to the senior management at Crown if I was you!

Love

Rudi
x
How's this for starters?

click here
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose that's one way of making your point!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissystevo

Rant over
12 weeks for a shared container sounds very quick to me. It's a minimum of 8 weeks for a private container, all the people I know who used a shared had a good 16+ weeks. Luck of the draw to be honest.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Suspect that you were slightly misled with possible times. Did you ask about worst case scenario?
We had a full container & were told to allow 12 weeks for that & it was very accurate. (John Masons)
It will be great when your stuff arrives though, it really helped me to feel more settled, so hang on in there!