Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A slightly cheesy thread - Monterey

A slightly cheesy thread - Monterey

Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:15 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default A slightly cheesy thread - Monterey

Well actually its completely cheesy. After having been here for nearly 2 years we have now found Monterey Jack cheese. Those who care will no what it is but for those that don't its a cheese very popular with tex mex dishes.

After a while googling I found a link to an Oz site saying that they had Monterey Jack. After emailing them they said no and gave me the contact of National Foods. I emailed them and they came back and informed me that the cheese is not available unless sold to wholesalers. They also said it was called Ozzie Jack due to naming issues. Anyway they said tell them what suburbs were close to me and they would supply me with a list of possible places that may get it and sell me some.

I was given the number of a local deli. When I rang him he said he knew what it was and could order me some but I'd have to have to whole 2kgs. Well thats fine by me. The order was placed and I picked it up. Its actually called Monterey Black . Its slightly stronger in taste but very nice all the same. I payed $35 for 2kgs. Well worth every cent. So if you want it in your area ask your deli if the can get Monterey Black or Aussie Jack. Alternatively try lodging an enquiry here.

Got any Monterey

Anyway thats HUPs help on the important issues affecting the newly arrived immigrant
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:19 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A slightly cheesy thread - Monterey

Save some for next Saturday so I can try it.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 4:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Useful stuff HUP, you get the 2005 Queen's Birthday Award for Services to Cheese (specially as I was watching Wallace and Gromit today "Not even Wensleydale......." and all that)
Wonder what The Bloke would say if I woke him up now and sent him out for some Monterey Black
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:51 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good detective work HUP, Ive seen Monterey Black around up here, so I'll have my eyes peeled for it from now on!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 1:17 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why, but my first thought when seeing the title of this post was "What has Hevs done now?".
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:21 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
I don't know why, but my first thought when seeing the title of this post was "What has Hevs done now?".
LOL, thanks mate

I was soooo chuffed, my tacos were, at last, complete
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:42 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Monterey Jack is without doubt the king of cheeses, glad to see it is here.........somewhere. At least now I know where to look.

Cheers