Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sleep at kindy????

sleep at kindy????

Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of
Default sleep at kindy????

ok picked my lad up from kindy earlier, big notice on the door to take a towel for rest time next week, asked the teacher about it she says its for when they go to sleep:curse: have spent 1 year trying to stop him sleeping in the day so he goes to bed at a reasonable time when he is tired.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sleep at kindy????

how old is yr little one?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
how old is yr little one?
he is 4 next week i understand though that some parents do like them still to have a kip in the afternoon
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mumfords
he is 4 next week i understand though that some parents do like them still to have a kip in the afternoon
i dont hes to old ( my son starts tom) to be having sleeps in the day he did not do it at playschool and i dont want him to now

have you spoken to yr kindy about yr son having a sleep and what do they do with the kids who dont go to sleep??
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

ok picked my lad up from kindy earlier, big notice on the door to take a towel for rest time next week, asked the teacher about it she says its for when they go to sleep:curse: have spent 1 year trying to stop him sleeping in the day so he goes to bed at a reasonable time when he is tired.
We were the same - they let my almost 4-year old daughter sleep for 2 hours and we couldn't get her to sleep that night till almost midnight. Needless to say I told them that she wasn't allowed to sleep - so they gave her books to read at rest time. If she looked as though she was about to nod off someone would go over and speak to her. Since then it's been fine.

Speak to them and explain the effect it's having on your son.

Galba
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:03 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

They do have "rest time" but the kids don't have to nap.

My daughter hasn't had naps in about a year (just turned 4 at Christmas). When she goes to kindy or pre-prep she doesn't normally sleep. Once in a blue moon will she fall asleep.

I had a problem with it too and when I asked they said that they had to have rest time by law and that the kids didn't have to actually sleep. They can lay on their mat and quietly look at books. I once asked one of the assistants if my daughter naps and she said that she usually sang to herself quietly. So not sleeping didn't matter to much.

Hope that helps
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

i will be talking to them about this on monday, i will say he is not one for sleeping in the day and see what they say
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by comet555
They do have "rest time" but the kids don't have to nap.

My daughter hasn't had naps in about a year (just turned 4 at Christmas). When she goes to kindy or pre-prep she doesn't normally sleep. Once in a blue moon will she fall asleep.

I had a problem with it too and when I asked they said that they had to have rest time by law and that the kids didn't have to actually sleep. They can lay on their mat and quietly look at books. I once asked one of the assistants if my daughter naps and she said that she usually sang to herself quietly. So not sleeping didn't matter to much.

Hope that helps
my son does not know how to sing quietly to himself

well actually he doesn't know how to be quite full stop everything he does is a deafening volume

i wish them luck doing quite time with my chimp in the room
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
my son does not know how to sing quietly to himself

well actually he doesn't know how to be quite full stop everything he does is a deafening volume

i wish them luck doing quite time with my chimp in the room
think my son and your son are very much alike
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:05 am
BE Forum Addict

think my son and your son are very much alike
did you go to the last be meet in kings park??

if so i think i might have meet yr little one
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

yes we went my lad got short red hair he was always sitting near the water with another little boy
Old Feb 7th 2008, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

yes we went my lad got short red hair he was always sitting near the water with another little boy
that might have been my chimp
Old Feb 7th 2008, 7:34 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

My duaghter is 2.5yrs and is at nursery in the UK. She doesnt have a sleep anymore at nursery. She wouldnt go to sleep for them since Nov 07 and so they stopped trying to make her. She stays up with the older kids who dont have a sleep.

If she does have an afternoon sleep she is a nightmare to get to bed on a night.

I would speak to Kindy re the issue you have

Jo