British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   skype phones (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/skype-phones-310963/)

Kelli28 Jun 28th 2005 1:41 pm

skype phones

I'm going to install skype before we go and if anyones interested iv just noticed that toysrus have the skype phones in for £29 but buy 2 for £39 and 30 minitues of call time to landlines or mobiles included handy to give to rellies as leaving prezzies

Perthforme Jun 28th 2005 1:45 pm

Re: skype phones

Originally Posted by kelli28
I'm going to install skype before we go and if anyones interested iv just noticed that toysrus have the skype phones in for £29 but buy 2 for £39 and 30 minitues of call time to landlines or mobiles included handy to give to rellies as leaving prezzies

Even cheaper on play.com but free if you just use you pc and a microphone and download the skype program !

soapy© Jun 28th 2005 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Even cheaper on play.com but free if you just use you pc and a microphone and download the skype program !

i second that, its magic for contacting the uk ;)

scissors Jun 28th 2005 6:29 pm

hi kerry we ve got one and there brilliant,dont for get to give me your number then :D speak soon

tracey

Kelli28 Jun 28th 2005 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by scissors
hi kerry we ve got one and there brilliant,dont for get to give me your number then :D speak soon

tracey

aarrggg iv tried downloading already and it just wont connect for some reason its deein me bleedin heed in :D

Perthforme Jun 28th 2005 8:32 pm

aarrggg iv tried downloading already and it just wont connect for some reason its deein me bleedin heed in :D

IS you on dial up or broadband most say you gotta have broad band !
Also since downloadin have you shut down and restarted you pc !
Mine worked ok and you can do the echo test on the program to test all ok your end .

Kelli28 Jun 28th 2005 8:38 pm

IS you on dial up or broadband most say you gotta have broad band !
Also since downloadin have you shut down and restarted you pc !
Mine worked ok and you can do the echo test on the program to test all ok your end .

iv got broadband and done the echo test first then after restarting the puter it wont even let me do that now it just says connecting

Siren & Brian Jun 28th 2005 8:43 pm

iv got broadband and done the echo test first then after restarting the puter it wont even let me do that now it just says connecting

Sounds like a firewall or an antivirus.

Perthforme Jun 28th 2005 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Sounds like a firewall or an antivirus.

Yeah could be that and prob is try installing it or a system restore always my last resort :D

Kelli28 Jun 28th 2005 8:56 pm

Yeah could be that and prob is try installing it or a system restore always my last resort :D

think i will try to re install it but not tonite its givin me brain ache

wongstonn Jun 28th 2005 9:58 pm

I agree, it sounds like a firewall problem. Do you have Windows Firewall active, or do you have something like McAfee or Norton Firewall/Internet Security installed?

I've run Skype on 56k and broadband and it works on both (better sound quality and response on broadband, obviously).

And you do not need a Skype phone. PC speaker and mike will do, a headset or just about anything that blurts out and receives sound.

And yes, Skype is great. Has anyone out there tried vSkype yet? I've downloaded it but not tried it yet.

Perthforme Jun 28th 2005 9:59 pm

think i will try to re install it but not tonite its givin me brain ache

Got it going yet ???
PM'ed you my skype name if you want to check it out ?

Kelli28 Jun 28th 2005 10:27 pm

Got it going yet ???
PM'ed you my skype name if you want to check it out ?

no its not yet had to watch big bro instead lol

Perthforme Jun 28th 2005 10:30 pm

no its not yet had to watch big bro instead lol

Of course lol :D

worzel Jun 29th 2005 8:12 am

What version of Windows are you on? We have W98 but it needs W2000 or newer so we can't use it yet.