Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sky Channels in Australia

Sky Channels in Australia

Old Aug 12th 2016, 10:17 am
Just Joined

michellepe is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Sky Channels in Australia

Gona cry without Sky!!!!!, I have been told I can still access my sky account through "Sky Go" in Australia on my laptop and link to my TV using a software I can download from the internet that fools the signal into believing it is in the UK.

My question is has anyone done this successfully?

Ta
Old Aug 13th 2016, 1:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Channels in Australia

Originally Posted by michellepe
Gona cry without Sky!!!!!, I have been told I can still access my sky account through "Sky Go" in Australia on my laptop and link to my TV using a software I can download from the internet that fools the signal into believing it is in the UK.

My question is has anyone done this successfully?

Ta
You need a SmartDNS service which has servers in the UK to circumvent geoblocking.

Loads of info on Google for example this site...
Best SmartDNS Service Reviews 2016

Go to the Channel tab and input your device and desired channel. The search will tell you which provider can "unlock" the SkyGo you want.

These providers normally offer a free trial period so you can test the service before committing. Prices are USD I think.

Each company usually has an up to date list of the channels they unlock so check their website. (You can also access the likes of BBC iPlayer etc)
Old Aug 13th 2016, 5:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Channels in Australia

I use https://deals.ghacks.net/sales/getfl...iption-content. Have a go with the trial before buying. Wife is in the other room catching up on Corrie, courtesy of Getflix.

I use Quickly set DNS servers of your Internet connection on Windows for quick changing of the dns between the Getflix one and Optus.