Sky Box

Old May 19th 2004, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Box

Just packing everything up to go and I was wondering about the Sky Box...read on here that some people have Sky. But will it be a totally different box? Or can I just get a new card for it when I get there?
Help!
P.S. Need to know before Friday 21 May as everything goes then!
Old May 19th 2004, 9:55 am
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sky Box

Originally posted by Gryff
Just packing everything up to go and I was wondering about the Sky Box...read on here that some people have Sky. But will it be a totally different box? Or can I just get a new card for it when I get there?
Help!

I'd be interested to know this myself
Old May 19th 2004, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

thebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the roughthebarkers is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sky Box

Originally posted by Gryff
Help!
im sure that there has been a post about this before
have a look right back
if i find it will let you know
Old May 19th 2004, 10:19 am
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

I can get Sky news and Sky racing on Foxtel. They supplied the digital set top box though for satellite.

I've seen other Sky channels in pubs, but they tend to have the "wacking great satellite dish" outside that stands about 15 foot tall.
Old May 19th 2004, 10:27 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Centurix
I can get Sky news and Sky racing on Foxtel. They supplied the digital set top box though for satellite.

I've seen other Sky channels in pubs, but they tend to have the "wacking great satellite dish" outside that stands about 15 foot tall.
Sky here is the delivery of horse, dog and cart racing for the TAB(bookies). Sky news is related to Sky news in the UK. Not sure if the box would work here as foxtel is cable. It may work with Austar.
Old May 19th 2004, 11:03 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Austar is the same equipment as Foxtel AFAIK. Part of the agreement with them is that they supply the box etc. My guess is that it wouldnt work out here anyway.
Old May 20th 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone....I won't bring it afterall. All ready for Crown Relocations tomorrow!! Hope I've remembered everything.

Oh my god I'm getting scared now!