Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skoobies - sorry folks!

Skoobies - sorry folks!

Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:26 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skoobies - sorry folks!

Can any young Expats help out here please? Dd was given a skoobie set before leaving the UK but she never learned to make them and now we're setting about it and haven't a clue how to get going. She had a book given her at the same time as her basic set, but looking at it I see it is far too advanced for her at the moment.

Are skoobies purely a UK phenomenon, or do the kids in Oz skoobie? Can we get any books in Oz or should we try and get the introductory volume of the skoobie-making book from the UK?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skoobies - sorry folks!

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Can any young Expats help out here please? Dd was given a skoobie set before leaving the UK but she never learned to make them and now we're setting about it and haven't a clue how to get going. She had a book given her at the same time as her basic set, but looking at it I see it is far too advanced for her at the moment.

Are skoobies purely a UK phenomenon, or do the kids in Oz skoobie? Can we get any books in Oz or should we try and get the introductory volume of the skoobie-making book from the UK?
Try some online sites....

http://scoobies.net/
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

and another

http://www.panduro.co.uk/scoubidou.html
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

and another

http://www.scoubees.com/howto.html
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:37 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
I just had a look at the main skoobie site, but couldn't get my brain around their knot-tying. It's very hard to do it from pictures, isn't it? Much easier when you're shown how. I'll check out the links - thanks.

Sue
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

my daughter is skoobie mad!! her sets have a little diagram enclosed in them.
there is a skoobie book out that shows all basics and advance stuff
however this link is a good one
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/willeke_ig...ext_table.html

bev
Old Aug 25th 2005, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

I just had a look at the main skoobie site, but couldn't get my brain around their knot-tying. It's very hard to do it from pictures, isn't it? Much easier when you're shown how. I'll check out the links - thanks.

Sue
another link
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.html?t=62461
you can download a book from here
cheers
bev
Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Hi

My mum brought over (from UK) a whole load of scoobie string and books for my daughter who is 6, when she visited us in July. She said it was all the rage over there, we'd never heard of it here until the other day I spotted it in one of the toy stores in Mosman, so maybe its on its way here now and the shops are about to be flooded with it Agree, it is very complex, we have only managed to do the basic plaiting type thing

Louise