Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skipper's Ticket

Skipper's Ticket

Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:44 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skipper's Ticket

Originally Posted by WS
Kalenge - what qualification do you have? They gave me a RST based on my UK Powerboat Level 2 certificate .
Hi WS,

It's a RYA National Powerboat Level 2 certificate. Sounds like it's the same as yours.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:21 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahntonygoingtooz
It's now the fourth edition - we got ours from the Freemantle Marine Authority place so got a shock when I turned up for the course and realise there were small differences.

Don't worry about it most courses will do a morning of revision before getting you to sit the theory part of the test.

The fun part for me was berthing the boat at the dock, I struggle parking a car!!

But if i passed I am sure you will!! Have fun!
Thanks for the info, to be honest I am a bit nervous about it but I will certainly try to have fun. Did you do the test in your own boat after delivery or did you take the test first? Our boat is being delivered in a couple of weeks and we haven't decided whether to do the test first or wait until we have the boat.

Last edited by ACE; Oct 25th 2008 at 5:26 am.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

sarahntonygoingtooz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ACE
Thanks for the info, to be honest I am a bit nervous about it but I will certainly try to have fun. Did you do the test in your own boat after delivery or did you take the test first? Our boat is being delivered in a couple of weeks and we haven't decided whether to do the test first or wait until we have the boat.
I took the test in the school boat, mainly because we haven't got a boat yet!!

Hubbie has a theory that with the current 'credit crisis' luxury items like boats should be coming down in value, and already there are some serious baragins in the US, so hopefully get one soon!

I would take it in the schools boat as you won't mind soo much if you give it a little bump against the jetty.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:01 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahntonygoingtooz
I took the test in the school boat, mainly because we haven't got a boat yet!!

Hubbie has a theory that with the current 'credit crisis' luxury items like boats should be coming down in value, and already there are some serious baragins in the US, so hopefully get one soon!

I would take it in the schools boat as you won't mind soo much if you give it a little bump against the jetty.

Enjoy!
Thanks Sarah. Your hubby is definitely right about the bargains. We bought ours at the Mandurah Boat Show a couple of weeks ago for less than last year's price on last year's model and because we 'ummed and arred' for a good hour and a half the salesman kept offering us more to sweeten the deal. We ended getting all the covers (cockpit, transport etc), flares, EPIRB, registration of the boat and trailer and heaps of other stuff. If you are going for an imported boat get in quick, Aussie brokers were buying boats in from the US at 95c to the US$ and now of course they are looking at around 60c to the US$ so although they will find it harder to sell their goods their retail prices will inevitably go up in order to maintain a decent profit margin.