Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skipper's Ticket

Skipper's Ticket

Old Oct 21st 2008, 12:34 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skipper's Ticket

Hi Folks,
Just wondering if anyone has done the ST, how difficult was it to pass?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:06 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skipper's Ticket

If I passed it, anyone can

(So says my OH!!)
Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

sarahntonygoingtooz is on a distinguished road

Did it a couple of weeks ago - it was good fun!

Just make sure you get the right verison of the handbook, and not like me who study the wrong one!

Good luck - i am sure you won't need it!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:20 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACE
Hi Folks,
Just wondering if anyone has done the ST, how difficult was it to pass?
Most of them have a no pass no pay policy, so cant be hard to pass.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy to pass. Go for it.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:08 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your replies, both hubby and I will go for it in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:33 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sarahntonygoingtooz
Did it a couple of weeks ago - it was good fun!

Just make sure you get the right verison of the handbook, and not like me who study the wrong one!

Good luck - i am sure you won't need it!

Didn't think of that, what version of the book should I have? I have 'A Guide to Obtaining the Recreational Skipper's Ticket Workbook Third Edition', hope it is the right one
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:03 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a RYAC Powerboat skippers license (i.e. a UK skippers ticket). Does anyone know if it is transferrable to an Aussie one? (I was able to use it in the Netherlands when I lived there).
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:08 am
kjc
Just Joined

kjc is an unknown quantity at this point

No not valid,I have a yachtmaster offshore with a commercial endorsement.
and still had to take a test for a tinnie
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:50 am
ABCDiamond

Here's a boat licencing company on Brisbane Bayside

http://www.baysideboatlicensing.com.au/

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Is there a lower age limit for getting your skipper's license? OH and I both want to get it but so does our 15yo son.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:02 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwinow
Is there a lower age limit for getting your skipper's license? OH and I both want to get it but so does our 15yo son.
You can do the course at 15½ then apply for a learners licence at 16 show the certificate for the boaties course to the Qld transport office & hey presto your son will be licenced to drive the boat. Very handy if you want to have a couple of beers while your fishing.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

sarahntonygoingtooz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ACE
Didn't think of that, what version of the book should I have? I have 'A Guide to Obtaining the Recreational Skipper's Ticket Workbook Third Edition', hope it is the right one
It's now the fourth edition - we got ours from the Freemantle Marine Authority place so got a shock when I turned up for the course and realise there were small differences.

Don't worry about it most courses will do a morning of revision before getting you to sit the theory part of the test.

The fun part for me was berthing the boat at the dock, I struggle parking a car!!

But if i passed I am sure you will!! Have fun!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:30 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kalenge
I've got a RYAC Powerboat skippers license (i.e. a UK skippers ticket). Does anyone know if it is transferrable to an Aussie one? (I was able to use it in the Netherlands when I lived there).
Kalenge - what qualification do you have? They gave me a RST based on my UK Powerboat Level 2 certificate .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.