Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilss assesment or RPL which one ?

Skilss assesment or RPL which one ?

Old Aug 4th 2002, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

j-kemp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilss assesment or RPL which one ?

Hi all

This is my first post on the forum so please be patient with me...

I have read a lot of the posts about RPL however I still can not decide what I should do.

Should I apply for a straight forward Skills assesment of shal I go the RPL route and if you do the RPL do you pay the $400 and also the $350 for the skills assesment or is it all coverd in the RPL fee..

O yes my application will be Independent Skilled for Australia maybe even STNI to Victoria

Here is my skills & qualifications, please forgive me this is a bit lengthy and is almost straight from my CV

01/11/99 – ongoing
Senior Technical Support Analyst

I am responsible for the company Network Infrastructure and Security, Day to day Network Management & Administration.

Configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the company Network including Cisco 3600, 2500, 1700, 1600, 800 and 700 series Routers, Axent Raptor and Watchguard Firebox Firewalls. I also assist the customers with any network Routing troubleshooting they may require.

Administration, Configuration, and troubleshooting NT 4.0 Server, Workstation and Windows 2000 Server , Professional, Exchange 5.5, MS Proxy and SQL 6.5, 7.0 & 2000 servers.

I have triangulated the company WAN and Implemented EIGRP as the routing Protocol.

17/03/99 – 27/10/99
Desktop Infrastructure Project Manager

The implementation of Office 97 Standard over 800 Client machines running Windows 95 on a Novell 4.11 Network infrastructure.

My other duties includes reviewing and setting new standards for Hardware and Software, and the management of non-standard/unsupported applications within the company

09/06/1997 – 12/03/99

Network Analyst / Project Manager

Managed overseas projects. Identifying project requirements & arranging resources, setting target deadlines, equipment sourcing and purchasing. On site installation, configuration and testing of Network Infrastructure and NT Server and Client stations. Provided on site training on the new system. (Hands on Role)

Planning and implementation of Comms and Network Infrastructure NT Client/Server in a new office overseas.

Project Manager and Senior Implementation Analyst for the Migration of Network Infrastructure change including changing from IPX to IP Routing and Token Ring to Ethernet, Novell to Windows NT 4.0 Server and Windows 3.11 to Windows NT 4.0 Workstation in the UK and overseas. (Hands on Role)

I also formed part of a team to relocate and merge 2 Office Network Infrastructure and computer systems into new premises. This involved the physical relocation of all computer equipment and reconfiguring servers and clients to work on the new TCP/IP address range

Ongoing support of Datacomms Infrastructure and NT Server / Workstation 4.0 and associated applications over 6 Sites in England and 4 Sites in Southern Africa.

November 1995 – 30/05/97

Computer Support Technician

My duties included the maintenance of a Novel network with 6 servers running V3.12 and one server running V4.1 1. My duties also included assisting and training staff and students in the use of the network. I worked with Microsoft Applications and operating systems such as: Windows NT 4 Server and Workstation, Windows NT 3.51 workstation, Windows 95,Windows 3.1 and 3.11 for workgroups, Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Authorware Star and Professional authoring software. I was involved in installing and supporting all of the above applications.

I played an active role in the repair, assembly and general maintenance of some 500 computers/workstations.

November 1995 – 30/05/97

Part-Time Lecturer

Computer Systems

March 1994 – November 1995

Computer and Electronic Technician

During this time I worked in the Electronic and Electrical sector maintaining all the PC's in the staff room and the computer suite. My duties also included repairing electronic equipment, colour television and video equipment to component level, and assisting staff in presenting practical classes.

November 1993 – February 1994

Electronic Servicing Bench Engineer

My main duties were to repair Television and Video Equipment with some PC repair work.

December 1990 – June 1992 South Africa

Company Owner

Television and video repair and servicing & PC repairs This was my own Company. The ratio between TV & VCR repair to Computer repair and Maintenance was about 50/50

January 1986 – November 1990
South Africa

Trainee Television Engineer/ Field Service Engineer
I was employed as trainee Television and Video bench engineer, after completing my training I became a field service engineer and VHF/UHF Distribution system planner/installer.

Qualifications and Certifications

Cisco Certified Network Professional

Cisco Certified Design Associate

Cisco Certified Network Associate

MCP Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0

Btec National Certificate In Electronic Engineering
City & Guilds Certificates In Electronic Servicing (All Options)

South Africa
Metal And Engineering Industries Artisan Training Board Certificate
( Domestic Radio and Television Mechanician)

Technical College Port Elizabeth, South Africa
National Certificates Levels 2;3;4 ( Electronic Engineering and Logic Systems)

Sorry for the lengthy post but I thought I'd give as much detail as possible..

Regards

James

Last edited by j-kemp; Aug 4th 2002 at 1:28 pm.