Skills Crisis

Old May 31st 2006, 1:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skills Crisis

Extract from a front page article 15 May Cairns Post.
Plenty of work here

Foreign workers are being recruited and more than 100 apprenticeships remain vacant as the skills crisis deepened in FNQ.
"I don't see it getting any better in the short term. We just don't have the bodies, we haven't had enough babies." said Ms.Booth the Commerce QLD president.
"Professionals such as accountants, engineers, doctors and nurses were in as much demand as tradespeople, carpenters, plumbers, block layers and renderers.
The crisis has led to conflict between industry groups and the union movement over calls to increase the number of skilled migrants. Ms Booth said "My argument is that everybody is already working."
Years of sustained economic growth has led to the shortfall. Important public infrastructure projects could count the cost. We need people to build it.

The article explains how they are taking a roadshow to Sydney to try to convince people to move North for a better lifestyle and lower cost of living and to get away from the nightmare traffic jams.

Giz a job........okay, come to Cairns

Don't be put off by the humidity. You can cope with it and it's bearable. Pace of work and life here allows for it. Anyway, would you rather have cold nuts ?

PS
Needless to say I have offered my services to increase the population
Old May 31st 2006, 1:26 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skills Crisis

Originally Posted by Bix
Extract from a front page article 15 May Cairns Post.
Plenty of work here

Foreign workers are being recruited and more than 100 apprenticeships remain vacant as the skills crisis deepened in FNQ.
"I don't see it getting any better in the short term. We just don't have the bodies, we haven't had enough babies." said Ms.Booth the Commerce QLD president.
"Professionals such as accountants, engineers, doctors and nurses were in as much demand as tradespeople, carpenters, plumbers, block layers and renderers.
The crisis has led to conflict between industry groups and the union movement over calls to increase the number of skilled migrants. Ms Booth said "My argument is that everybody is already working."
Years of sustained economic growth has led to the shortfall. Important public infrastructure projects could count the cost. We need people to build it.

The article explains how they are taking a roadshow to Sydney to try to convince people to move North for a better lifestyle and lower cost of living and to get away from the nightmare traffic jams.

Don't be put off by the humidity. You can cope with it and it's bearable. Pace of work and life here allows for it. Anyway, would you rather have cold nuts ?

PS
Needless to say I have offered my services to increase the population
Good on ya bix

Don't get to many up there or you will not be able too name your price at work
Old May 31st 2006, 2:21 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Good on ya bix

Don't get to many up there or you will not be able too name your price at work

Hadn't you already noticed I'm unique
Old May 31st 2006, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Ransom will become famous soon enoughRansom will become famous soon enough

ill come help fill a job !
Old May 31st 2006, 2:37 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Hadn't you already noticed I'm unique
OH yeah silly me
Old May 31st 2006, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading one of the reports from the Emergency Services Operation Recovery team working up in Innisfail area today, and they are crying out for plumbers - there are apparently houses there which families cannot move back into because NO plumbers can be found to fix the pipes etc. They have sourced electricians, carpenters etc with difficulty, but it seems that plumbers just don't want to go north and work.

Bixie - please stop eating the plumbers stick to zebras!
Old May 31st 2006, 2:47 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

[

PS
Needless to say I have offered my services to increase the population [/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they've forgot to mention your there, god help the poor people who go there now
Old May 31st 2006, 2:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Yep, there was already a shortage of tradies before Larry came through so at the moment it's easier to get gold dust.

Worst thing about plumbers is that their PTFE tape sticks in your teeth
Old May 31st 2006, 2:50 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Yeah, but they've forgot to mention your there, god help the poor people who go there now [/QUOTE]

I was thinking about contacting Ms Booth and asking her only to allow ladies to come here...............oh, and zebras of course
Old May 31st 2006, 2:55 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Yeah, but they've forgot to mention your there, god help the poor people who go there now
I was thinking about contacting Ms Booth and asking her only to allow ladies to come here...............oh, and zebras of course [/QUOTE]

PMSL, god help us all
Old May 31st 2006, 2:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I was thinking about contacting Ms Booth and asking her only to allow ladies to come here...............oh, and zebras of course

PMSL, god help us all [/QUOTE]

You may need help if I find a printing job

http://www.jobs.careerone.com.au/js....fromSearch.y=7
Old May 31st 2006, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
PMSL, god help us all
You may need help if I find a printing job
http://www.jobs.careerone.com.au/js....fromSearch.y=7[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, am not showing OH THAT , also his ideal location would be a million miles from anyone else likes the quiet life does he but I like a bit of action
Old May 31st 2006, 3:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

likes the quiet life does he but I like a bit of action [/QUOTE]

We have both here
Old May 31st 2006, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
likes the quiet life does he but I like a bit of action

We have both here [/QUOTE]

Your seriously distracting me from my housework
Old May 31st 2006, 3:14 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Look again at the pictures I've put on the Cairns thread.
That's just scraping the surface.

....and nurses can walk into a job easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.