Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

skills assessment now or later?

skills assessment now or later?

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default skills assessment now or later?

I am going on holiday to Adelaide in September for four weeks with my wife and 2 children, we wanted to apply for PR under the skilled migration but we were told going through this process and going on holiday could cause problems with having the 2 visa’s so we were going to wait until we returned from holiday to see if liked it as we have never been to Australia before, and although I am convinced I will love it, my wife needs reassurance first, that and the fact she would be leaving her parents behind who she is close with she needs to know it is the right thing to do.

What I was wondering was could I still go through the Skills assessment with TRA so that this part is out of the way for when I return saving 3 months time, so if we definitely want to emigrate then we can apply for PR as soon as we return .

Any advise on this would be a great help.

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 9:42 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skills assessment now or later?

It is not just the length of time to have your skills assessed, but collecting references for some that can be time consuming.

We send off our skills assessment (ACS), then visited Australia, and upon our return there was a positive assessment waiting for us.

If you want the option to emigrate ASAP and avoid risk of detrimetal changes to the requirements, then I would start applying now.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
we are applying under the general skilled visa - our application went in a month ago and we got a tourist visa about 2 months ago when we booked our flights for October - nowhere on the application form does it ask you if you are heading to Aus in distant future it only asks if you have been to aus before and on what visa - my solicitor knows we have a tourist visa cos i asked her advice forst as to whether to wait see if pr comes or get tourist