Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills assessment - how long til it expires?

Skills assessment - how long til it expires?

Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Skills assessment - how long til it expires?

Hi everyone,
Just a quick question. If I was to get a skills assessment done, how long would I have to use it before it 'expires'? Is it 12 months?
I only ask because I am initially hoping to go on a 457, because it's quicker, but would then be keen to switch to an ENS.
I'm kind of thinking it may make sense to get the skills assessment done before I go as it will be easier to get all the necessary docs together while I'm still in UK.
Also, the company are still waiting to hear from immigration if they are going to be able to sponsor me on a 457 so I thought, while they are waiting, would it make sense to get the skills assessment done in case they get turned down and can then go ENS?
Thanks,
Dianne
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills assessment - how long til it expires?

Which skills assessing authority?

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question. If I was to get a skills assessment done, how long would I have to use it before it 'expires'? Is it 12 months?
I only ask because I am initially hoping to go on a 457, because it's quicker, but would then be keen to switch to an ENS.
I'm kind of thinking it may make sense to get the skills assessment done before I go as it will be easier to get all the necessary docs together while I'm still in UK.
Also, the company are still waiting to hear from immigration if they are going to be able to sponsor me on a 457 so I thought, while they are waiting, would it make sense to get the skills assessment done in case they get turned down and can then go ENS?
Thanks,
Dianne
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone,
Thanks,
Dianne
Hi,if you are talking tra,I got mine over 3 years ago and only applied for visa last Christmas,agent said it was fine to go with it,good luck Dave
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Luma
Which skills assessing authority?
Ah, sorry, thought they'd be all the same - it's VETASSESS
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, sorry, thought they'd be all the same - it's VETASSESS
I was with vetassess and I'm pretty sure my agent said it would be valid forever once it was done - but if anyone else can verify this or tell you it is wrong I would go with what they say....
Old Jun 5th 2006, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...TASSESS+expiry

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...TASSESS+expiry

Originally Posted by suzimc
I was with vetassess and I'm pretty sure my agent said it would be valid forever once it was done - but if anyone else can verify this or tell you it is wrong I would go with what they say....
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks for that! Guess I might as well set it in motion then...cheers
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:15 pm
By the sea

sparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of lightsparkleauz is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Skills assessment - how long til it expires?

Hi! My husband got his skills assessment for a printing machinist with the TRA two years ago and we wondered the same thing as we are applying again. I phoned up TRA last week and the woman explained that once its granted it is indefinate and doesn't need revising. Quite surprising really!!

I don't think that is for all professions though.

Jo
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

KAYJAS will become famous soon enoughKAYJAS will become famous soon enough

If it does expire I was told you can ask for an extension for a small fee.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any idea how long skills ass last for NOOSR? Seeing how they're all different!

Last edited by Australia_bound?; Jun 6th 2006 at 9:52 pm.