Reload this Page >

Skills assessment ? Help with visas ... aaargh

Wikiposts

Skills assessment ? Help with visas ... aaargh

Old May 16th 2004, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

davegriff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills assessment ? Help with visas ... aaargh

This whole skills assessment thing looks very daunting.
I wirk for a Money Broker as a Treasury Analyst, and my wife works in the accounts department for the head office of a large chain if coffee shops.
What is the likelihood of getting skilled Professional visas for the both of us.
Am I being very naive ?
I have no idea where to start.
My wife's sister is a permanet resident in australia, after getting a defacto visa about a year ago.
Will this help us ?
How long will it all take....and how much will it cost ?
Old May 16th 2004, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
although I'm not in your field I understand completely what you mean about the whole process being daunting.

I'm in IT and had to get agreement from the Australian Computing Society in order to be able to progress with my application, but I now have that coveted piece of paper stuck into my passport!

We used Global Visas (www.globalvisas.com) who were fantastic at sorting out whether to progress the application in my name or my husband's, and they held our hand every step of the way. I seem to remember that we spoke to them quite a few times on the phone to find out whether they thought we stood a chance before we actually signed up with them so maybe it would be worth giving them a call and seeing what they say.

All the best

Salli