Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment Help

Skills Assessment Help

Old Dec 8th 2016, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

RebeccaG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment Help

Hi,

I'm looking for any help or direction someone can give me in respect of the skills assessment.

I am at the beginning of the process for applying for a 189 skilled visa. I have a BA Accountancy and hold a qualification with the Association of Taxation Technicians. I have 5 years experience of working in an accountancy firm as a tax assistant as well as 3 years experience working for HM Revenue & Customs as a tax inspector for the affluent and high net worth population of the UK.

My query is with the occupation under which I can apply. I initially thought it would be taxation accountant (anzsco 2211-13) as all my experience is in taxation. However, it states that Australian taxation is a mandatory requirement - having never lived or worked in Australia then I obviously don't have this as part of my qualifications. If I were to apply under General Accountant (anzsco 2211-11) then would my work experience count for anything?

Very confused! If anyone could shed some light then it would be much appreciated.

Thank you...and sorry for the long post!
Old Dec 8th 2016, 9:13 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assessment Help

Hi Rebecca.

I would probably be seeking a skills assessment as Accountant (General) based on your accounting degree.

This may well open up more options for sponsorship from a State or Territory Government.

Seek validation of work experience - which is likely to be considered to be in a closely related occupation - from the assessing body as well.

Remember also the need to undertake an English language test before you lodge the skills assessment.

I believe that CPA Australia has an office in London which can also discuss the migration skills assessment process with you: https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/abou...tact-us/europe

Feel able to send a PM to me if you think you will need some formal assistance.

Best regards.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:09 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your response.

I thought the General Accountant may be a better fit for my qualification but it's the work experience I'm concerned about as it's all in taxation?

I do have 6 years experience in an accountancy office which I hope count towards something. It's my last 3 years working for Government that I'm not sure will count towards anything unfortunately.

Thanks for the CPA link, I'll certainly look into that and contact them for advice if I can.

I sat the IELTS tests a fortnight ago, just got results this morning (8.5 8.0 8.5 8.5) so I'm happy I've got a headstart on my points.

One step at a time..I'll get there!
Old Dec 9th 2016, 5:28 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.cpaaustralia.com.au/beco...e-requirements

Checking you did the Academic version of the IELTS test?

Best regards.
Old Dec 9th 2016, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Yes, it was the academic one.

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2016, 4:25 am
Migration Agent

Excellent!

Good luck, and feel able to send a PM or email to me if you think you will need any formal assistance.

Best regards.