Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment Help!

Skills Assessment Help!

Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Jo&Geoff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment Help!

Hi,

I am interested in applying for a SIR Visa for South Australia - according to the immi website it looks like I only need to have 12 out of the last 18 months work experience to apply. However, when I have looked on the ACS website (who I need to use to have my skills assessed) they are asking for job references going back over either 4 or 6 years!?! Does anyone know how I should proceed with this as I cannot apply for state sponsorship until my skills have been assessed and I think that I meet the criteria for the SIR (110 points)??

Thanks,

Geoff
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all
Default Re: Skills Assessment Help!

Originally Posted by Jo&Geoff
Hi,

I am interested in applying for a SIR Visa for South Australia - according to the immi website it looks like I only need to have 12 out of the last 18 months work experience to apply. However, when I have looked on the ACS website (who I need to use to have my skills assessed) they are asking for job references going back over either 4 or 6 years!?! Does anyone know how I should proceed with this as I cannot apply for state sponsorship until my skills have been assessed and I think that I meet the criteria for the SIR (110 points)??

Thanks,

Geoff
Hi mate - it is very confusing - I have managed to get a positive skills assement and some of the little things are not clear -
- your formal training counts towards the 6 years ie uni or college so there is at least 2 yrs!!!
- depending on your skill they do want 4 - 6 yrs "experience"

Best advise - speak to an agent!!!! mine was great and knew exactly what was needed ie letter from college dean, training records from work etc
Good luck - there is always a way!!!!!!!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo&Geoff
Hi,

Thanks,

Geoff
Post this in the immigation part of the site as there is agents replying there, they are really all very good and will give you some sound advice.

Like the last poster said, it really is worth paying an agent to assist you, most of them will help with just the skills assessment if you wish which would save you a bit of money.

Good luck

Wendy
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Jo&Geoff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and thanks to you that have replied