Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment - Certified Copy

Skills Assessment - Certified Copy

Old Nov 25th 2004, 6:47 pm
ad4ozz

Default Skills Assessment - Certified Copy

Page 18 of Booklet 6 re: Skilled Independant Visa states that you may send a certified copy of your skills assessment but that DIMIA may ask for the original later.............did everyone else send certified copy only to start with???

Also did everyone also send the Document checklist - subclass 136?

Forms Forms and more Forms.

Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:13 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assessment - Certified Copy

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Page 18 of Booklet 6 re: Skilled Independant Visa states that you may send a certified copy of your skills assessment but that DIMIA may ask for the original later.............did everyone else send certified copy only to start with???

Also did everyone also send the Document checklist - subclass 136?

Forms Forms and more Forms.
I am planning on sending the original of the skills assessment (can always get another copy sent direct if needs be). The document checklist is part of the 24 page visa app 47SK (part J) so I will include that too. (Now all I need is the skills assessment, copy birth certificates and an extortionately large fee to get everything certified and I can do those things)
Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:17 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey worzel - certification can be free , your local magistrates court do it for free, phone them up , ask when a JP can be available to certify ocpies of documents, turn up, give them tot he clerk with the originals, you stand/ sit in the court, they chat about you going to australia and make small talk whilst they stamp them, you walk out and its free.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:21 pm
ad4ozz

Cool Re: Skills Assessment - Certified Copy

Originally Posted by worzel
I am planning on sending the original of the skills assessment (can always get another copy sent direct if needs be). The document checklist is part of the 24 page visa app 47SK (part J) so I will include that too. (Now all I need is the skills assessment, copy birth certificates and an extortionately large fee to get everything certified and I can do those things)
Worzel there is another document checklist that says it should be sent with form 47SK can be found at

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...klists/136.pdf

Had thought of sending original of Skills Assessment for nursing but then you read that many posts of people having them lost by DIMIA and don't know if ANMC will send replacement to DIMIA for free.

Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

I wouldnt do that - I have used my and my wife skills assessment many many times since registering with this professional body and that education department, etc - actually come to think of it, it has mainly been hers (education), but either way I like to know I have the original of a document which took several months to obtain. Yes, I am sure another copy can be got hold of, but why worry about that, given you will more than likely be going to certify documents from somewhere anyway.

My local solicitors certified all my docs and stat decs and only charge us £1 per doc - Although I have been in so many times I may be getting a trade discount!!!

Either way, personally, I WOULD NOT send an original to them - it add no benefit!

Dave
Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:29 pm
ad4ozz

Cheers Dave....supose it's off to the notary again.

Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Cheers Dave....supose it's off to the notary again.
Hiya,

Yeah personally I think that it is worth it, just in case you need it later. I sent a cert copy when we applied to DIMIA and they didnt ask for the original. I am sure I can be proved wrong, but I dont recall many cases of them requesting the original letter. Either they trust the cerfied copies or they don't - what they gonna do ask you send orginals of you quals, birth cert, marriage cert etc etc across - nah!!

Cue, examples of just that!!

Dave
Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:54 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darkless
I wouldnt do that - I have used my and my wife skills assessment many many times since registering with this professional body and that education department, etc - actually come to think of it, it has mainly been hers (education), but either way I like to know I have the original of a document which took several months to obtain. Yes, I am sure another copy can be got hold of, but why worry about that, given you will more than likely be going to certify documents from somewhere anyway.

My local solicitors certified all my docs and stat decs and only charge us £1 per doc - Although I have been in so many times I may be getting a trade discount!!!

Either way, personally, I WOULD NOT send an original to them - it add no benefit!

Dave
Thanks Dave, I will add it to the ever growing number of docs to get certified. It just bugs me that it is £8/sheet at the local magistrates court. How come everyone else can find someone cheap to do this and I cannot find a solicitor who will do it for less than £150 and £8/sheet is gettting close to that figure with all the docs we are compiling.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Dave, I will add it to the ever growing number of docs to get certified. It just bugs me that it is £8/sheet at the local magistrates court. How come everyone else can find someone cheap to do this and I cannot find a solicitor who will do it for less than £150 and £8/sheet is gettting close to that figure with all the docs we are compiling.
£150 - yowsers!!!

Mind you say that the docs got lost in the post or they were needed for something else, this would be a small price to pay compared to the hassle and worry of arranging new docs

I know what I should do - all you guys send them to me, I will take them to my solicitor and get them done at £1 each, charge you guys £4 - everyones a winner!!

Dave
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:03 pm
A former regular of BE

£150 - yowsers!!!

Mind you say that the docs got lost in the post or they were needed for something else, this would be a small price to pay compared to the hassle and worry of arranging new docs

I know what I should do - all you guys send them to me, I will take them to my solicitor and get them done at £1 each, charge you guys £4 - everyones a winner!!

Dave
Tempting!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:30 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

At £1 per document I'll do it ... :-)) ... and I can!

Best regards.

Dave
Old Nov 26th 2004, 6:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
At £1 per document I'll do it ... :-)) ... and I can!

Best regards.
I popped in to a random solicitors, un-announced and the lovely lady solicitor did it all for me for nothing!!!
Old Nov 26th 2004, 8:07 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

£8 a sheet at the magistrates court :scared:
Is that from a JP or from the blood sucking leaches posing as solicitors?
We used a JP he told us it was part of his duties as a public servant to sign them for free. He wouldn't even accept a bottle of his favourite scotch.
Old Dec 5th 2004, 6:17 pm
ad4ozz

Default Police Checks copies or original? Re: Skills Assessment - Certified Copy

Hey you guys did you send certified copies of police checks as well?

Old Dec 5th 2004, 9:41 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks copies or original? Re: Skills Assessment - Certified Copy

You must send the original police certificates to the visa case officer ...

Best regards.

Hey you guys did you send certified copies of police checks as well?