Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills Assessment

Skills Assessment

Old Feb 10th 2002, 8:47 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 4
izzy67 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, I am new to this and was wondering if anyone could give me a little help. I am thinking of applying for a permanent visa for OZ but as I understand I must get a skills assessment carried out first. I have an electrical/mechanical degree although I work in telecomms, how much info are they looking for on the application.

P.S anyone help with all the abbreviations that everyone seems to have the hang of. What is, RPL, ACS and PR.
izzy67 is offline  
Old Feb 10th 2002, 9:20 am
Forum Regular
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 83
colin.helen is an unknown quantity at this point


Firstly you need to visit http://www.immi.gov.au and click on the migrating to australia button. This will give you all the info you need, certainly to start you off.

ACS - Australian Computer Society - if you are working in IT this is the body that assesses your skills.

RPL - Recognised Prior Learning. If you do not have a degree relevant to you occupation your skills are assessed by filling out a long form where you detail your experience.

PR - Permanent Residence Visa - Well thats why we are all here, that little bit of paper in our passport that will make our dreams come true!

Good Luck

Helen and Colin
colin.helen is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.