Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skills Assess time limit??

Skills Assess time limit??

Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Skills Assess time limit??

Hi everyone
Just a quickie...when i originally took and passed my skills assessment, it had an expiry date of two years. By the time i arrive in Oz it will have two months validity left....What will this mean in realistic terms
Will i still be able to get a job in my field of work or, heaven forbid, am i going to have to go through the whole assessment AGAIN
Anyone know?

Rachel
Old Sep 19th 2005, 11:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assess time limit??

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Hi everyone
Just a quickie...when i originally took and passed my skills assessment, it had an expiry date of two years. By the time i arrive in Oz it will have two months validity left....What will this mean in realistic terms
Will i still be able to get a job in my field of work or, heaven forbid, am i going to have to go through the whole assessment AGAIN
Anyone know?

Rachel
What's your field of work? That makes a big difference (some areas are regulated, others are not).

Jeremy
Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
What's your field of work? That makes a big difference (some areas are regulated, others are not).

Jeremy
My assessment was for welfare worker...Please let it be good news
Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

My assessment was for welfare worker...Please let it be good news
Have you looked at the welfare workers association website to see what the requirements for membership are? You should check whether you can become a member before you leave the UK?

If there are state registration requirements, have you looked to see if you can register in your intended state/territory before you leave?

Jeremy
Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Have you looked at the welfare workers association website to see what the requirements for membership are? You should check whether you can become a member before you leave the UK?

If there are state registration requirements, have you looked to see if you can register in your intended state/territory before you leave?

Jeremy
Simple anwser......No. But i will now. Cant believe i thought i was on top of everything and that hadnt even crossed my mind
Time to revisit my list methinks
Thanks for your help Jeremy.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Will i have to be a member to find work?
It does not mention that in the assessment letter.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

Will i have to be a member to find work?
It does not mention that in the assessment letter.

I suggest you read this:
http://aei.dest.gov.au/AEI/Qualifica...elfare_pdf.htm

Jeremy