Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

skills assesment

skills assesment

Old Jul 5th 2002, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default skills assesment

can anyone help with an idea of how long time wise skills assesments usually take.
also has anyone heard of paying extra to have their assesment speeded along, as has been sugested by an agent being used by a friend.
the skill concerned is boat builder / carpenter
cheers shaun
Old Jul 6th 2002, 12:16 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skills assesment

http://www.austimeline.com/

Both the skills assessments I'm aware of (IEAust and ACS) don't have any fast-track payment. Not sure if other agencies have them, but in any case, I would check with those agencies directly to see if such a payment will actually speed things up rather than prop up the nett worth of your migration agent hehe

Cheers,
Peter
Old Jul 6th 2002, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

I seem to remember reading on the Trades Recognition Authority (TRA) web site that they will turn your assessment around in something like 20 days if you pay them an extra fee - around $200 I think.

I would guess that if your friend is a carpenter his assessment would probably be through the TRA.
Old Jul 6th 2002, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

HI
i have just read the same in this months edition of australia news.
donna
Old Jul 6th 2002, 5:29 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
My hubby is a joiner/ carpenter and we sent his skills assessment off on June 12th. We paid the extra dosh to have it assessed in 20 working days. The acknowledgement of receipt arrived this week, probably, Wednesday..ie 2 weeks after posting it, dated 28th June.
I have put his info on timeline thing and I will keep you posted Shaun/lor.....