Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

skilled people - migration ok if in the bush

skilled people - migration ok if in the bush

Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all
Default skilled people - migration ok if in the bush

Hi there,
I heard on the radio the other day in Perth that the Government is going to offer skilled migrants a visa a lot sooner than the usual wait if the person(s) will agree to using their skills in the bush for a period of 3 years. I havn't a clue as to which areas are short of labour or of the occupations most required but it certainly may be a quicker way in for most. Also if any of you brainy people are doctors I suggest you come and work in the bush - salary packages can and often are $400,000++. Shit and I'm only a Plumber!! Hope this will help!
Tara for now,
Dan The Plumber
Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:19 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought plumbers were raking it in in the UK at the moment. why would you want to go and live in the middle of nowhere instead.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

got me buggered too mate!!!
Old Jan 15th 2004, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: skilled people - migration ok if in the bush

Originally posted by Dan the Plumber
Hi there,
I heard on the radio the other day in Perth that the Government is going to offer skilled migrants a visa a lot sooner than the usual wait if the person(s) will agree to using their skills in the bush for a period of 3 years. I havn't a clue as to which areas are short of labour or of the occupations most required but it certainly may be a quicker way in for most. Also if any of you brainy people are doctors I suggest you come and work in the bush - salary packages can and often are $400,000++. Shit and I'm only a Plumber!! Hope this will help!
Tara for now,
Dan The Plumber

is this not the `new` visa being introduced July 2004?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: skilled people - migration ok if in the bush

Originally posted by S Oldfield
is this not the `new` visa being introduced July 2004?
don't know - maybe, like I said I only heard it on the radio. Maybe you could share what you know about it?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:22 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Visa lure for bush migrants
Old Jan 15th 2004, 11:36 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dan the Plumber

got me buggered too mate!!!

re badge yaself as an air conditioning engineer mate they are on the MODL !