Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled independent visas - a question

Skilled independent visas - a question

Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all
Default Skilled independent visas - a question

I am posting this on the immigration site as well, but there are more people viewing here, so thought I might get a better response.

Firstly, if you engage the services of an agent, will the DIMIA inform them or you directly of your progress (or both) and if they inform the agent only, can you ask to be informed as well?

Secondly, We were hoping to be in Aus by January 2006 and in March (when we engaged the services of our agent), we were told (with no guarantees of course) that this was probably achievable, as hubby is an accountant and on the MODL. However, our agent took two months from the time of getting our assessment to actually lodging our application with the DIMIA. Based on apparent MODL time frames of approximately 16-18 weeks (longer in a lot of cases), it is now highly unlikely that we will get our Skilled Independent visa by January. Is there any other way we can get to Oz and continue our visa application process from that end?

Thirdly, our agent asked us to get our medicals done and to have them sent to him before he lodged our application, probably reasoning that when the request came through he would just send them off asap (he is based in Adelaide). However, when we went for our medicals the doctor said that there is a new rule that states that medicals not sent directly from the doctors office will be rendered invalid so he sent them to Sydney directly. Our agent had not lodged yet, so our medicals will have arrived in Sydney with no reference to our application. Does anyone have any information on how this will impact our application (i.e are they likely to go astray, etc.)

Any help/advice whatever it is will be gratefully received.

Regards

Sarah
Old Sep 8th 2005, 3:47 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled independent visas - a question

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
I am posting this on the immigration site as well, but there are more people viewing here, so thought I might get a better response.

The contrary is true - usually you get a better response to immigration questions on the *immigration* forum.

Your question has been asked and answered there.

Jeremy
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to allJempower is a name known to all
Default Re: Skilled independent visas - a question

sorry to be down beat but we are all in the same boat!! I think to be blunt you need to learn patients, because what your doing is confusing the whole application. The DIMA will tell you when to send your medicals and tell you where to go in the UK to get them. Slow down and get a glass of wine.