Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled independent Visa time's ,have they gone mad!!!

Skilled independent Visa time's ,have they gone mad!!!

Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:06 pm
plumber39

Default Skilled independent Visa time's ,have they gone mad!!!

How many of you have applied for 139 skilled indepenent PR visa's and how long have you been waiting so far, or have you already received them?
I applied 1st May and were preparing to wait 18 month's
Interested in responce!

Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

mel&dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled independent Visa time's ,have they gone mad!!!

Originally posted by plumber39
How many of you have applied for 139 skilled indepenent PR visa's and how long have you been waiting so far, or have you already received them?
Interested in responce!
HI,
Applied April 2002 and received Visa's in April 2003. We received the notification for Medicals though in late Februrary 2003.
Flying to Perth on 6th July, can't wait..
Good Luck!!
Mel & Dave

Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:24 pm

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point

Interested in responce!

hi plumber,

applied for skilled-ind 136 on 09/05/03 got acknowledgement by email on 14/05/03, so now just waiting,just waiting,just waiting
and so on.

cheers

kev
Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

hi
we are also applying for skilled Ind. going as a General Manager certified by AIM. We applied May 2002 and have just had our meds which were requested.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice

Hi Plumber39

I was thinking the same thing this week. There seem to be a few that have come through incredibly quickly ie. 2 to 3 months. There was one that applied same week as us May 27th and they have already been asked for medicals! I can't remember who but I think they were a joiner! I was wondering if they are trying to get building trades through because of lack of them! just a thought!

My other half is a builder, so I am wondering if we might hear something this week! Optimism eh!
Its probably more due to meeting allocations for June end of year!

Oh well, you never know, next time it could be YOU!

Good luck!
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkes is an unknown quantity at this point

Interested in responce!
Hi Plumber, another plum here, I've applied under 136, skilled independant. We were the lucky ones who got our med request 1 week after application lodged I doubt you'll need to wait that long, everything seems to be speeding up.
goodluck,
t.c
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Plumber

App received on the 21st May and we are still waiting. Applied under skilled, so fingers crossed.

Best of luck to everyone waiting

footie chick xx
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:36 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

hi plumber

also applied under skilled independant {carpenter} ,recieved by adelaide 08/04/03 sitting and waiting.
good luck to all in same boat.

mark
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

hey plum, application received 13/05/03 skill indp 136 drainer/pipelayer........waiting and hoping that we will get med requests soon we were hoping to be in oz for chrimbo
Old Jun 9th 2003, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
applied 27-03-03 visas granted 03-06-03
Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:57 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Interested in responce!
Visa application lodged by Adelaide 15/4/03
Medicals requested 14/5/03
Medicals sent 23/5/03
Visa granted 30/5/03
Old Jun 9th 2003, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Dont think its any surprise they are processing visas so quickly. They need imigrants especially those who look like they will work.

Australia seems to be in a period of the government wanting it to grow, economy, dollar, population. Its really changed from the only way it could be of use to the world was by having a ridiculously low currency.

I think its also spent a lot on war, drought and its population is not increasing enough to support the elderly. Its like Canada 15 years ago, its woken up to the fact that it needs more heads to support such a large country.

The fact that it is so very easy to get into is proof of this. Apart from the cheap airfare its really back to the 10 pound pom days.

I think Australia will see huge growth in the next two years, very good time to be in the OZ economy. The Gov is reluctant to decrease interest rates as they know it will fuel the housing market even further, so although a small cut may be on the cards, its still going to be attracting Overseas investment. The big growth period the UK and US had last decade seems to be arriving here now.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dotty
Dont think its any surprise they are processing visas so quickly. They need imigrants especially those who look like they will work.

Australia seems to be in a period of the government wanting it to grow, economy, dollar, population. Its really changed from the only way it could be of use to the world was by having a ridiculously low currency.

I think its also spent a lot on war, drought and its population is not increasing enough to support the elderly. Its like Canada 15 years ago, its woken up to the fact that it needs more heads to support such a large country.

The fact that it is so very easy to get into is proof of this. Apart from the cheap airfare its really back to the 10 pound pom days.

I think Australia will see huge growth in the next two years, very good time to be in the OZ economy. The Gov is reluctant to decrease interest rates as they know it will fuel the housing market even further, so although a small cut may be on the cards, its still going to be attracting Overseas investment. The big growth period the UK and US had last decade seems to be arriving here now.
Dotty!! i would call you something a bit stronger than that, £10 pound pom, i wish that was all it has cost me to get my visa!!

I applied for skilled migration Sept 2001 and was granted my visa Jan2003. Anybody else who applied around that time would have to wait the same time.

I dont know what planet you live on but it is still difficult to get an Australian Visa and will only become more difficult as more people apply. I think since i applied the points needed have gone up and proof of employment ie in the last four years has increased

I would ask people reading Dottys post to regard in lightly!!
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

terryt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Plumber

We applied mid december 2002 under skilled independant as Painter and Decorator - asked to do our medicals a couple of weeks ago and we're booked in this Friday - ahhhhh

We'll tell you all the gory details on Saturday !!!

Terry & Mandy
Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Our's came through in 6 months. We were well chuffed as we expected twice the wait.

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...App.jsp?id=822

Applied Nov 02.

Good luck to all those still waiting.

Regards
Karl.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.