Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled independent Visa time's ,have they gone mad!!!

Skilled independent Visa time's ,have they gone mad!!!

Old Jun 9th 2003, 6:48 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Skilled independent Visa time's ,have they gone mad!!!

Originally posted by plumber39
How many of you have applied for 139 skilled indepenent PR visa's and how long have you been waiting so far, or have you already received them?
I applied 1st May and were preparing to wait 18 month's
Interested in responce!

Hi, I think that skilled ind. class 136 with a job on the (jobs in demand) list are being processed very quickly, and being fast-tracked. Nurses are on this list, and this is the reason things are moving along so quickly for us. Adelaide really has got a move on, unfortunately for us we are still waiting for Police Checks, I received mine on Saturday (38 days) we are still waiting for the wife's. Otherwise, like the Clarkes I think we would have our visa's by now.
If anyone is applying now, request your PCC when you lodge your application to Adelaide.

Good luck

Slater.

15th April 03 Lodged application
2nd May Medicals and PCC's requested
2nd May PCC's applied for
16th May Had Medicals
23rd May Medicals sent
9th June Still waiting for wife's PCC
Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied in April 2002, visas granted February 2003.
Flying tot Perth on 4th July 2003,
can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nina
Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Applied Feb under 136 skilled ind no modl etc
Acknowledged 10.03.03
medicals and police requested 06.05.03
awaiting the big yes or no,

we expected the meds to be requested in about oct this year so was a big suprise for us.

Just hope the answer is as quick

Carrianne
Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:57 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Originally posted by Slater
Hi, I think that skilled ind. class 136 with a job on the (jobs in demand) list are being processed very quickly, and being fast-tracked. Nurses are on this list, and this is the reason things are moving along so quickly for us. Adelaide really has got a move on, unfortunately for us we are still waiting for Police Checks, I received mine on Saturday (38 days) we are still waiting for the wife's. Otherwise, like the Clarkes I think we would have our visa's by now.
If anyone is applying now, request your PCC when you lodge your application to Adelaide.

Good luck

Slater.

15th April 03 Lodged application
2nd May Medicals and PCC's requested
2nd May PCC's applied for
16th May Had Medicals
23rd May Medicals sent
9th June Still waiting for wife's PCC

Hooray, The wife,s PCC turned up in the post today, 41 days after we sent them off. On it's way to Adelaide. Now we wait for the yes or No.

Slater

Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:25 pm

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Hi Everyone
We are now living in Oz and have been for the past 8 months. You are very lucky that you are getting visas through quick. We applied under the skilled independant and it took use 20 months, but that was when you had to apply to London. The thing that may be happening is it,s the end of the financal year here and new visas are granted to the immigration department on the 30th June, so if they don,t use what they have they may go to waste. I may be wrong on this one but iam sure someone will tell me if i am.
It's sure worth the wait so sit back and enjoy your last summer in England cause they sure are better over here.
We're in winter now and it's a bit like English summer just cooler at night.
Good luck to all waiting

Debbie Jo
Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:38 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
Hi Everyone
We are now living in Oz and have been for the past 8 months. You are very lucky that you are getting visas through quick. We applied under the skilled independant and it took use 20 months, but that was when you had to apply to London. The thing that may be happening is it,s the end of the financal year here and new visas are granted to the immigration department on the 30th June, so if they don,t use what they have they may go to waste. I may be wrong on this one but iam sure someone will tell me if i am.
It's sure worth the wait so sit back and enjoy your last summer in England cause they sure are better over here.
We're in winter now and it's a bit like English summer just cooler at night.
Good luck to all waiting

Debbie Jo
It's good to get some positive vibes from someone who has been there a while, where are you in Oz, we're going to Qld. October hopefully, have we had our last winter here? fingers crossed.

Slater
Old Jun 10th 2003, 12:41 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Get this as .... Applied for 139 skilled indepenent PR in Sept 2001 after already having had to wait nearly 9 months for NOOSR to confirm skills. Received letter from AHC that all applications will take 20 months. Still hadn't received requests for Meds or Police checks by Nov 2002 so had them done and sent them off anyway. Had the request for Bond in Feb 2003 and visas issued in Mar 03. Exactly 26 months after getting our application pack. We later learnt that our application was one of the last to be handled in Canberra before they moved the APC to Adelaide.
Is this a record ?
Old Jun 10th 2003, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

We think its down to luck and who your case officer is and team , everyone seems to go through at different paces , some slower some really quick . When we applied in september 2001 and they stopped taking applications in London i think November 2001 , so people where then be sent to Adelaide and actually being processed before us !!! Mind you we cant complain ours took 9 months , pure fluke !!!!
Joanne and Paul
Old Jun 10th 2003, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied end Oct 2002 and got pre-grant beginning June 2003 (7 months).

C.