Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled Ind. People Coming to Oz

View Poll Results: Skilled Ind. Oz Occupation vs State you're going to or now in.
60 Point WA
27.63%
50 Point WA
1.32%
40 Point WA
3.95%
60 Point Vic
17.11%
50 Point Vic
0%
40 Point Vic
0%
60 Point NSW
14.47%
50 Point NSW
0%
40 Point NSW
0%
60 Point Qld
22.37%
50 Point Qld
0%
40 Point Qld
0%
60 Point SA
13.16%
50 Point SA
0%
40 Point SA
0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Skilled Ind. People Coming to Oz

Old Jul 25th 2003, 6:32 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skilled Ind. People Coming to Oz

What point occupation are you and where are you heading or already settled?
Old Jul 25th 2003, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Ind. People Coming to Oz

Originally posted by renth
Please don`t take this the wrong way - but was just wondering - does DIMA give (for example) Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, more or less points than (for example) bricklayers, electricians or hairdressers?

To further emphasise the fact that I am not in any way trying to be antagonistic or controversial, my hubbie is a skilled tradesman, not one of the Professions I listed above...
Old Jul 25th 2003, 7:03 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rosy
Please don`t take this the wrong way - but was just wondering - does DIMA give (for example) Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, more or less points than (for example) bricklayers, electricians or hairdressers?

To further emphasise the fact that I am not in any way trying to be antagonistic or controversial, my hubbie is a skilled tradesman, not one of the Professions I listed above...
Yes they do, more points for professionals less for trades.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 7:14 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do, more points for professionals less for trades.
The points system is a farce any person with 2 arms and legs under 35 years old should be able to be a immo/refugee to this land of plenty .
Herman did a poll on trade/ Profession and it proved Australia will will giving a new home to Poms that are the lowest in the food chain in the UK.

Old Jul 25th 2003, 7:31 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The points system is a farce any person with 2 arms and legs under 35 years old should be able to be a immo/refugee to this land of plenty .
Herman did a poll on trade/ Profession and it proved Australia will will giving a new home to Poms that are the lowest in the food chain in the UK.

You'd be amazed how hard it is to get out here as a skilled Independent (particularly without a sponsor) unless you have a degree or City & Guilds plus experience. Lots of people, even with degrees in unrelated professions can't get the points. I got blown out first time myself.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:26 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

You'd be amazed how hard it is to get out here as a skilled Independent (particularly without a sponsor) unless you have a degree or City & Guilds plus experience. Lots of people, even with degrees in unrelated professions can't get the points. I got blown out first time myself.
1,000,000 immigration applicants per year? 100,000 successful?
Old Jul 25th 2003, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Im a pipefitter its a trade in america,uk,europe but not in oz?

cant apply for visa because its not on the skilled list and i cant get my tra assessment if the skill is not on the list.

it sucks one place i want to go cant get in and thats with a trade,nvq and years of experience
Old Jul 25th 2003, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

waiting for hubbys trade assessment to come back, he's got 60 points - solid plasterer
undecided whether to go to Brisbane our first choice or Victoria where we could go STNI
good poll
regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Jul 25th 2003, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

60 points from AIM as General Manager. Heading for QLD.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Doctors don't get any points as they are not on the modl list
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Brian,

Surely you could have applied under a slightly different skill such as Mechanic or Mechanical Fitter; how about plumber?
Who did you approach for advice? I was advised to apply as a General Electrician by a Migration agent. After doing a bit of my own homework I figured I was actually an Electrician Special Class after finding skills definitions for all the trades. I applied as such and was successful, not so sure I would have got recognition as a General Electrician.
Are you sure you have exhausted all avenues?
Old Jul 25th 2003, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally posted by migrantoz
Brian,

Surely you could have applied under a slightly different skill such as Mechanic or Mechanical Fitter; how about plumber?
Who did you approach for advice? I was advised to apply as a General Electrician by a Migration agent. After doing a bit of my own homework I figured I was actually an Electrician Special Class after finding skills definitions for all the trades. I applied as such and was successful, not so sure I would have got recognition as a General Electrician.
Are you sure you have exhausted all avenues?
i have tried several agents for advise and they all say its not possible or there would be little chance passing as plumber or mechanical fitter etc.

a lot of plumbers here in the uk went from plumbers to pipefitters as its better money but i did not serve my time as plumber it was pipefitter which i have also a level 3 nvq.

i was told if i had not had expersince in doing sinks,baths etc i could not apply also fitters etc my trade involves a lots of stuff but most agent i have asked said its not possible
Old Jul 26th 2003, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

edwin is an unknown quantity at this point

60 points for Finishing & Binding.My first assesment failed because the people @ the TRA didn't know what they had in front of them according to my agent.I'm a die-cutter and it's part of the finishing & binding trade.Doing the assessment again,agent is paying for the fees because he thinks they made a mistake in the letter they wrote,didn't state clearly enough what my trade is.So have fingers and toes crossed that this time they will pass me.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 12:29 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

I've met all kinds here and they give a City & Guilds out with smarties , look at any points site and tell me why Hairdressers get top points .
It is harder to get in with a Degree because they want labourers here not the highly skilled who do not fit into a hole digging economy.
The fact is you did get as do many who fail at the first attempt , its a industry that Australia makes big bucks , they prefer hands to brains.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 28th 2003 at 12:33 am.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 12:32 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
1,000,000 immigration applicants per year? 100,000 successful?
Quota old boy if the quota was 10,000,000 then all 10,000,000 would get in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.