Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled Designated Area Sponsored Visa Changes

Skilled Designated Area Sponsored Visa Changes

Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:39 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Skilled Designated Area Sponsored Visa Changes

From mid-2006 this visa will become a temporary visa, requiring visaholders to reside in the same designated area as their sponsor for 2 years, and to work in the same area for 12 months before they can obtain permanent residency. At present the holders of such a visa can live and work wherever they choose, and the visa is a permanent residency visa immediately.

More details here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/current-issue...es-regions.pdf
and on Go Matilda News soon:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/index.cfm

Best regards.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:41 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Designated Area Sponsored Visa Changes

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
From mid-2006 this visa will become a temporary visa, requiring visaholders to reside in the same designated area as their sponsor for 2 years, and to work in the same area for 12 months before they can obtain permanent residency. At present the holders of such a visa can live and work wherever they choose, and the visa is a permanent residency visa immediately.

More details here:

Best regards.
bloody hell glad we got our already then
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by biggy
bloody hell glad we got our already then
Me too :scared:

I always thought it was strange you could get sponsored by family in certain areas and you could live anywhere you wanted

BB
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

yikes!!! hope mine comes through quick then....I had a chat with some immigration officials last year who openly admitted this was a loophole in this visa..looks like they wanna tighten it up....

chaval
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chaval
yikes!!! hope mine comes through quick then....I had a chat with some immigration officials last year who openly admitted this was a loophole in this visa..looks like they wanna tighten it up....

chaval
Chaval,

Have you submitted your forms yet?

I don't know if we were lucky, but from the date of sending the forms, the visa only took 9 weeks.

Fingers crossed you get yours soon!

BB
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Chaval,

Have you submitted your forms yet?

I don't know if we were lucky, but from the date of sending the forms, the visa only took 9 weeks.

Fingers crossed you get yours soon!

BB
9 weeks..lucky so and so's ;-)

Put them in begining of feb 05..waiting for meds etc to be requested. Im sure we'll be ok. Havent really thought of a contingency yet.

Chaval
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

9 weeks..lucky so and so's ;-)

Put them in begining of feb 05..waiting for meds etc to be requested. Im sure we'll be ok. Havent really thought of a contingency yet.

Chaval
Waiting for each stage is nerve racking, but I can honestly say selling the house is definately more stressful.

Have you decided where you are heading for?

BB
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

More details here:

Best regards.
B*llocks!! That's that idea knackered then! How the hell do DIMIA expect folks to go for this visa if it doesn't offer PR as before?! Do they bloody want people to live in the regions or not?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waiting for each stage is nerve racking, but I can honestly say selling the house is definately more stressful.

Have you decided where you are heading for?

BB
I got auntie and cousins in coffs harbour and other cousins in mulumbimbi (think thats how u spell it) I liked both places but it depends on the work thng i suppose. I was thinking of maybe brissie but I dont really wanna swap the rat race here for rat race over there.

As for the house sale...I know it can be a mare I tried to sell one last year and ended up having a right row with the agents.

where you heading for ?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:42 pm
Laura & Nick

ljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant futureljk888 has a brilliant future

More details here:

Best regards.

Please please tell me it won't affect us - we haven't applied yet but are doing the skills assessment at the moment.

The visa should be granted by early next year at the latest.

Please no.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

I got auntie and cousins in coffs harbour and other cousins in mulumbimbi (think thats how u spell it) I liked both places but it depends on the work thng i suppose. I was thinking of maybe brissie but I dont really wanna swap the rat race here for rat race over there.

As for the house sale...I know it can be a mare I tried to sell one last year and ended up having a right row with the agents.

where you heading for ?
I've heard Coffs Harbour is really nice. Some friends of ours spent months travelling/working round Aus, but spent the longest time there. I think they found it hard to leave.

Luckily for us the agents have been great, but the solicitors have caused the most problems.

For us the decision was easy, we fell in love with Melbourne and looking to rent around the Williamstown area. All going well, we are looking at going in November, which seems a life time away at the moment!

BB
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've heard Coffs Harbour is really nice. Some friends of ours spent months travelling/working round Aus, but spent the longest time there. I think they found it hard to leave.

Luckily for us the agents have been great, but the solicitors have caused the most problems.

For us the decision was easy, we fell in love with Melbourne and looking to rent around the Williamstown area. All going well, we are looking at going in November, which seems a life time away at the moment!

BB
Its pretty nice round there...although travelled up to byron bay and loved pretty much everywhere on the way...think i'll be a wayfarer for a while.

C
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:54 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljk888
Please please tell me it won't affect us - we haven't applied yet but are doing the skills assessment at the moment.

Please no.
I think it comes into force in 2006 so if ur application is in before then . i presume u will b fine...but u had better check on that
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljk888

Please no.

On the basis of what DIMIA say, the change won't happen until mid 2006. So don't waste time.

Also - it appears that the Skilled Australian Sponsored visa, subclass 138, will *not* be affected, so people you have 110 points with sponsorship will be able to apply for this instead of the new temporary visa.

Jeremy
Old Apr 15th 2005, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

alinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to allalinora9 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
On the basis of what DIMIA say, the change won't happen until mid 2006. So don't waste time.

Also - it appears that the Skilled Australian Sponsored visa, subclass 138, will *not* be affected, so people you have 110 points with sponsorship will be able to apply for this instead of the new temporary visa.

Jeremy

We were hoping to do this visa but our sponser lives in Melbourne and we want to go to Adelaide you mention that the 138 is not affected how different is this. The 139 didn,t need points so does the 138, i am having my skills assesed at present and our agents say we if positive we could go with skills alone but they have surgessted the 139 as we have family.

I feel all abit confused as i want a permanent visa, if we have to we would go to Melbourne but it would still mean getting pm later.Why hasn,t our agents who we are paying stupid amounts of money not told us if anyone finds out more info let me know!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.