Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skilled–Australian Sponsored Bond???

Skilled–Australian Sponsored Bond???

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all
Default Skilled–Australian Sponsored Bond???

Hi all,

I am a little confused about a matter in regards the above visa, could somebody help clear this up for me?

I shall eventually be applying for a Skilled–Australian Sponsored visa, my sister acting as both sponsor and assuror.

My question is, shall will be required to 'put up' a bond or cash amount in order to secure the visa, if so what kind of amount would we be looking @?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers
Cardos
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean the 139 it all depends. Its one amount for the named aplicant, one amount for the spouse, then another for the kids. Ours totalled at $5000 for the four of us.

Look at the web site and if you read it, it does tell you all you need to know.

www.immi.gov.au
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

PS. Your sister will need proof that she is earning OVER $38,000 per year. (again, that was for four of us, it does depend!) and that figure may have gone up, so check it, it caused us a mighty hiccup )
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:30 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Check this link out it tells you how much it is..

http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/34aos.htm

$3500 for the principle applicant and $1500 for each adult.

For us two adults 2 kids thats $5000 or about £2000
Assurers must lodge a refundable bond of $3500 for the principal applicant and $1500 for additional adults on the same application with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

and your assurer must also be earning a minimum amount...

An assurer is required to have a minimum annual income of $31,755, evidenced by their income tax assessment notice for the last two years immediately before the AoS is given. This amount is increased by:

$2000 for each dependent adult and $624 for each child in the assurer's family (except the first child which is already covered by the minimum income amount), and
$2000 for each adult and $624 for each child included in the migration application.

Hope this helps

Dave