Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skill Migration-Registered Nurse

Skill Migration-Registered Nurse

Old May 17th 2004, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

sumanbellare is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skill Migration-Registered Nurse

Hi First time here in this forum. I and My husband are planning to migrate to Oz. We are going throught skill migration as I'm a registered nurse. I have passed the ANC, just now waiting for immagration part to be completed.
Then we will plan to settle in Brisbane and I'll be working within a hospital throught there Pendora Box which is Causal work.My only concern was if anyone know's about The royal College of nursing Insurance for nurses, Do I register from here or when I arrive in Oz, plus do I have to inform the ANC when I arrive to Brisbane that I'm working within Queensland.
Old May 17th 2004, 1:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skill Migration-Registered Nurse

Originally posted by sumanbellare
Hi First time here in this forum. I and My husband are planning to migrate to Oz. We are going throught skill migration as I'm a registered nurse. I have passed the ANC, just now waiting for immagration part to be completed.
Then we will plan to settle in Brisbane and I'll be working within a hospital throught there Pendora Box which is Causal work.My only concern was if anyone know's about The royal College of nursing Insurance for nurses, Do I register from here or when I arrive in Oz, plus do I have to inform the ANC when I arrive to Brisbane that I'm working within Queensland.
Hi
You do not need to inform the ANC where you are working but you do need to register in Queensland.
Registration is done through the states not the ANC.
You will need to join the Australian Equivalent of the RCN but I am not sure how to do it.Someone will no doubt advise.
You can register with Queensland by post or in their offices in Brisbane.Check the website for what you will need:

www.qnc.qld.gov.au

Sorry if you already know all this.

A reminder for those who are starting the process:
It is easier and Cheaper to register with a state first before going through the ANC as you then only need to do a modified skills assessment for your points.

Good luck

G