British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Skill Assessment - Certified Copies or Originals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/skill-assessment-certified-copies-originals-108034/)

WhiteRose May 1st 2002 9:35 pm

Skill Assessment - Certified Copies or Originals

Hi all,

Just a simple one hopefully.

Does anyone have any views on whether it is better to send the original copy of your skill assessment letter with your PR application (Skilled Ind.), or whether you should send a certified copy. Same thing with work references - should they be originals or certified copies.

I was planning to send the originals - as they are of little use to me other than for our application - but I would be keen to know what the rest of you have done.

Thanks,

Steve

onlyme May 1st 2002 11:50 pm

Re: Skill Assessment - Certified Copies or Originals

as far as I know they only except originals. It should specify it on the application form.

Protect The Inn May 2nd 2002 12:30 am

Certified copied are effectively the same in DIMAs eyes.

I sent certified copies because you never know whether you might need references etc
in the future - i for one shall take them with me to OZ

"WhiteRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just a simple one hopefully.
    >
    > Does anyone have any views on whether it is better to send the original copy of
    > your skill assessment letter with your PR application (Skilled Ind.), or whether
    > you should send a certified copy. Same thing with work references - should they be
    > originals or certified copies.
    >
    > I was planning to send the originals - as they are of little use to me other than
    > for our application - but I would be keen to know what the rest of you have done.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Steve
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

@boy May 2nd 2002 7:09 am

x

x

virgil May 2nd 2002 12:19 pm

I sent off my original Skill Assessment letter back in November 2000 and had it returned in January 2002, so you should get it back.

Neil May 2nd 2002 12:30 pm

I have sent just a photocopy of my TRA skills assessment (as an Electrician) because
it clearly states that I should keep the original as I will need it to apply for my
electricians licence when I get out to Australia. I must admit I wouldnt be surprised
to get a call asking me to send the original. This could be a problem as DIMA say
they dont return documents. My feeling is that the Skills Assessment bodies must have
close contact with DIMA and it shouldnt be too difficult to cross reference my skills
appliction. However as a practical working person I realise that Bureaucratic people
often struggle with such simple notions as using ones common sense. Heres hoping,

Neil

@boy May 2nd 2002 12:49 pm

x

x

WhiteRose May 2nd 2002 5:50 pm

Thanks for everyones advice on this one.

I think that I will stick with my original plan of sending the original (after I have taken some copies), and see what happens.

Does anyone know if there will be a problem sending original copies of work references?

bevo May 2nd 2002 6:24 pm

we sent all copies of work references and skill assessment. We were then asked for the original skill assessment. So assume copies of work documents were ok.

Neil May 11th 2002 4:20 pm

Virgil, can I ask, do you have a good reason for needing it back as I do for my
Electrical Licence when I arrive in Australia? Also can anyone tell me if they have
had their skills assessment returned to them and why in particular they did. I now
have my letter of acknowledgement with my case number, so should I post on the
original of my skills assessment to the same address I sent my skilled visa
application (47SK). Or should I just sit and wait and see if they ask for it? My
worry is that it may be recieved but go adrift somewhere when it arrives at the
Adelaide offices (paranoid I am going to lose it when I know I will need it back). My
gut feeling is to wait until they ask for it so that when I send it they are actually
expecting to recieve it. Any newsgroup replies or e-mails with info on the above
gratefully recieved, Thanks.

Neil

heading downunder 2002 May 11th 2002 4:34 pm

Our original TRA Assesment had to go with our application and certified copies of everything else. Our agent said that High Commission in London said they would return it when they had finished with it which they duly have done.

You will need the original in Australia if you want to apply for an equivalent Australian qualification.

It also says on the second page of my husbands assessment that in order to apply for a qualification you need to produce the originals of all documents and references that prove your training and employment experience.

Hope this helps

Susan

Anon E Mouse May 11th 2002 8:06 pm

Just FYI, we only sent certified copies of everything and didn't get asked for the originals by Adelaide.

Anon