Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Skill assessment? again

Skill assessment? again

Old May 11th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default Skill assessment? again

Here is a list of what i have got together i need to know if this is enough:-

Copies of:-

Birth Cert
Affidavit
CIS Card
2 References from customers
Business Card
Web address of my business
CV
Copy of old employers liquidation from companies house (due to him passing away).

is this enough do u think, its going to the TRA, hubby is suspended ceiling fixer/dryliner

Last edited by midge04; May 11th 2004 at 11:07 pm.
Old May 11th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: Skill assessment? again

Originally posted by midge04

Birth Cert
Affidavit from myself
CIS Card
Business Card
CV
Copy of old employers liquidation from companies house (due to him passing away).

is this enough do u think.

Doesn't sound very much...we sent a hundred plus pages of info....but every case differs.
Old May 11th 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Birth Cert
Affidavit from myself
CIS Card
Business Card
CV

is this enough do u think.
What is it you do? Perhaps we could give you some more ideas?
Old May 11th 2004, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future
Default skills

Hi, hubby is a sub contractor, suspended ceiling fixer and partitioner
Old May 12th 2004, 7:22 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skills

Hi, hubby is a sub contractor, suspended ceiling fixer and partitioner

Here goes, ive posted this arduous matter on many threads:

TRA and Australia in general love paperwork, they love lots of it, they like names dates times and inside leg measurements.

TRA want your whole working life history down to what time u farted on wednseday 15th 1992

The trick i feel with TRA is as a wise Migrant Agent told me,

Write out ur job descriptions, duties, work u did, the method of work, the people and thats EVERYONE you worked for, name tools places times and dates, back it with evidence, get lots and lots of referral letters... then take joe bloggs off the street....

sit em down and say read this and at the end i want you to honestly tell me if u could now do my job !

GOLDEN RULE !!!!

when you think youve just about got everything, do it again and add more.

Advice: sign and date in presence of notary (solicitor) every page you have, and dont send it royal MAIL ok... send it DHL !!!! costs bout 50 quid but its worth it and its delivered in 3 days ish !! guaranteed signed for !!!!

Fact:

I was turned down by TRA not by content but by signatures etc, so just sign everything and do LOTS of it...

We appealed and they explained about signature, by telephone we were told this, although the letter from TRA stated you have been declined !!! they can be sticklers TRUST ME !

Within a few weeks we resent signed copies of some paperwork and it sailed thru !!

Name makes of tools, etc !!!

steve, carpentologist and flooring guru
Old May 12th 2004, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

So i should gather a few more facts then i suppose, but appart from listing every individual client,when/where/whatfore i dont quite know what else to put down.

I listed all he does right from getting up in the morning, to going on-site, etc etc in the affidavit, which is 3 pages long.

He didnt get any qualifications cos all he learnt was on-site from when he was 18, so i have no certificates, just hands-on
Old May 12th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Birth Cert
Affidavit
CIS Card
Business Card
CV

is this enough do u think, its going to the TRA, hubby is suspended ceiling fixer/dryliner

Hope this is helpful.
Do everything timber floor has said and do not miss anything out.
Get as many references as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The more paperwork the better.Last year we went through the tra and we had an agent!!
They insist on absolutely everything.
We thought this an impossible task, but it's not.Don't be put off!!!We got references from - Friends, previous employers, suppliers, accountants, solicitors, etc......................
Don't forget to COPY AND CERTIFY EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!solicitor is the best to certify-the aussies prefer this to accountants!!!

Hope this helps a bit.Good luck

The Bread Knife
Old May 12th 2004, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Helen C is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately go with Timber Floor on this. Also go to www.workplace.gov.au/tra and download their info sheet. You will need tonnes of stuff. I'm currently doing the same for my hubby. He's an electrical supervisor and the paperwork is mounting up. Would like to ask though, a company that hubby work for 10 years ago no longer exists. Will the TRA except that explaination for not being able to get the statement verifying employment claim for that period?