Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Size of cockroaches!!

Size of cockroaches!!

Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Size of cockroaches!!

Call me naive or stupid( which i feel after last night), But since being here 6 months i have dealt with the little cockroaches, Which i thought that was what everyone was going about, That was until last night, It was 10pm and i was lying in my bed and suddenly remembered that i forgot to put the garage door down, Opened the garage clicked the lid down and as i was going in a cockroach ran in front of me in the house, And it was huuuge, I got the spray and then had to find the big Biastard, After half an hour of moving the whole living area about, cause i aint going to bed knowing that ****** is still living, Still can't find it at this point i was crying wanting my husband hom or anyone for that matter to get rid of it, So i decided would move the little fridge and holy cow out it ran straight at me, Surprised my neighbours never called the police cause i was screaming like i was getting murdered, Starting running and spraying all at the same time, Slipped on the tiles and my foot sliced under the ledge of the patio door, Didn't care had to get up and away this thing was still coming at me, It chased me to my room and i closed myself in and Sprayed underneath the door. After about 5 mins of me spraying it, It died, now i know it was probably chasing the blood of my foot, Which today is the size of a balloon, And i think its broken.
So the moral of the story is stay the frig out the garage at night.
God knows how i gonna manage a massive spider when i see it.
Suzanne
Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:44 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Size of cockroaches!!

Originally Posted by svinnes
Call me naive or stupid( which i feel after last night), But since being here 6 months i have dealt with the little cockroaches, Which i thought that was what everyone was going about, That was until last night, It was 10pm and i was lying in my bed and suddenly remembered that i forgot to put the garage door down, Opened the garage clicked the lid down and as i was going in a cockroach ran in front of me in the house, And it was huuuge, I got the spray and then had to find the big Biastard, After half an hour of moving the whole living area about, cause i aint going to bed knowing that ****** is still living, Still can't find it at this point i was crying wanting my husband hom or anyone for that matter to get rid of it, So i decided would move the little fridge and holy cow out it ran straight at me, Surprised my neighbours never called the police cause i was screaming like i was getting murdered, Starting running and spraying all at the same time, Slipped on the tiles and my foot sliced under the ledge of the patio door, Didn't care had to get up and away this thing was still coming at me, It chased me to my room and i closed myself in and Sprayed underneath the door. After about 5 mins of me spraying it, It died, now i know it was probably chasing the blood of my foot, Which today is the size of a balloon, And i think its broken.
So the moral of the story is stay the frig out the garage at night.
God knows how i gonna manage a massive spider when i see it.
Suzanne
OMG I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but the image of the roach chasing you in to your bedroom...
I'm sure it wasn't following the bloody trail, it was probably trying to get out of your way.
Or was it.....?
lol, keep safe
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gedge
OMG I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but the image of the roach chasing you in to your bedroom...
I'm sure it wasn't following the bloody trail, it was probably trying to get out of your way.
Or was it.....?
lol, keep safe
lol oops sorry

but i love it
have some karma,

i was in melbourne last week, and late at night near flinders street there is a hat shop and some kid ran to the railings and puked down the stairs, about 5 mins later around 20 cockroaches big muthas came running out to feed on his half digested burger and fries, was very icky,

when i move over will be the same as you, will be sleeping with the bug spray in bed with me :scared:
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:36 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

... And it (the roach) was huuuge ...
BIG hot country with BIG hot roaches.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo
lol oops sorry

but i love it
have some karma,

i was in melbourne last week, and late at night near flinders street there is a hat shop and some kid ran to the railings and puked down the stairs, about 5 mins later around 20 cockroaches big muthas came running out to feed on his half digested burger and fries, was very icky,

when i move over will be the same as you, will be sleeping with the bug spray in bed with me :scared:
Eugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:46 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Just glad it wasn't me!!!

Hope your foot feels better !!

Sue
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

you want the bad news -----they live in the house as well as the garage....and they fly...... :scared:
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of lightSugo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
you want the bad news -----they live in the house as well as the garage....and they fly...... :scared:

they fly, OMG girls you must get rid of those perms, get the straightening irons out, how does the Kath and Kims of this world cope, imagine getting one of them muthas caught in your hair, they whistle as well dont they
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana

You are joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing that big can fly, Oh my god i need to go back to the u.k that aint F**king noraml, What has gone wrong with this place letting mutants like that live. Holy S**t what am i gonna do. If i get another one My hubbie aint home for another week.
But hopefully it was a random that lost his way, He was really going next door.
Suzanne
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

You are joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing that big can fly, Oh my god i need to go back to the u.k that aint F**king noraml, What has gone wrong with this place letting mutants like that live. Holy S**t what am i gonna do. If i get another one My hubbie aint home for another week.
Suzanne
have you seen the size of circadas in new zealand they are scary too

mmm new job opportunity, cock roach call out squad, get called out armed with spray and a glass and beer mat to catch the pesky critters from scared peeps houses

oops i think rentokill already invented that service
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

have you seen the size of circadas in new zealand they are scary too

mmm new job opportunity, cock roach call out squad, get called out armed with spray and a glass and beer mat to catch the pesky critters from scared peeps houses

oops i think rentokill already invented that service

Don't know the answer to this one so maybe you do, if i have got one that nearly killed me off is there a likely chance to be anymore standing at the back of him waiting for me going to bed. By the way he is still stuck in the corner of the door i am too scared to move him.dead or not
suzanne
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't know the answer to this one so maybe you do, if i have got one that nearly killed me off is there a likely chance to be anymore standing at the back of him waiting for me going to bed. By the way he is still stuck in the corner of the door i am too scared to move him.dead or not
suzanne

aww bless you but im with you on that one, well i used to think if you kill a spider it lets off a smell that makes all the other spiders see you as a threat and try to finish you off,

i dont think its true, i also think i will never become a bhudist,

one thing a kiwi mate told me was that once theyre dead you should remove em as they have thousands of eggs under theyre wings or legs or something and the young will hatch eat the big one then go into your house to find food, not sure on that one,

maybe a cat will sort em out, cats like things that move,
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

aww bless you but im with you on that one, well i used to think if you kill a spider it lets off a smell that makes all the other spiders see you as a threat and try to finish you off,

i dont think its true, i also think i will never become a bhudist,

one thing a kiwi mate told me was that once theyre dead you should remove em as they have thousands of eggs under theyre wings or legs or something and the young will hatch eat the big one then go into your house to find food, not sure on that one,

maybe a cat will sort em out, cats like things that move,

Oh joy now have to find a big spade. I don't think nothing can live under that mammas wings it had enough spray to kill a horse. At one point it was white and still runnning.
Suzanne
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh joy now have to find a big spade. I don't think nothing can live under that mammas wings it had enough spray to kill a horse. At one point it was white and still runnning.
Suzanne

lol get rid of it anyway then punish your husband for leaving you alone to deal with the beast, thats what i would do, im a total woose with these things, i should have shares in mortons spray im sure ive come close to gassing myself,

good luck with it, i dont think they bite which is good, but if you have one you might have more, might be worth putting all food stuffs in airtight plastic containers, tuppa ware like stuff, and included breakfast cerial boxes and bread too, never leave food scraps out, or cat and dog food, hoover and spray the carpets regulary, and get those sticky traps to see if you have an infestation,

im sure you know all that anyway

im just paranoid so get ready for anything, when i moved to new zealand i even bought a mossie net with me to sleep in in bed just in case as i heard about white tails getting into bed with you and stuff, silly yes, paranoid yes, totally rational at the time felt like it
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:06 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Suzanne
u get big cockroaches in the uk too - a few years back i was working for a pharmacutical manufacturer (better not mention which one!! ) and we had an IT training room which wasn't used every day. I just nipped in one morning to get something and when i switched on the light this HUGE cockroach ran straight across the floor in front of me :scared: - i have never run out of a room as fast!!!

the lads in the office just thought that it was quite funny and when i suggested that someone (notice i din't say me!!) should do something about it they just said that it would get caught by the next scheduled fumigation!!

I refused to back in the training room for ages after that!!

Tiggs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.