Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

six-month visitor visa - advice needed

six-month visitor visa - advice needed

Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default six-month visitor visa - advice needed

Hi all,
My boyfriend has just been granted a six-month visitor visa to Aus, with multiple entries allowed inside a year.
It says entry must be before a certain date in April 2006.
The query I have is that he is planning a second trip to Oz next year, leaving the UK in March and staying for two or three months.
Is it permitted to stay in Aus beyond the date of this visa, providing entry into Aus is before the stated date?
Would be grateful for any help on this.
Thanks, Dianne
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: six-month visitor visa - advice needed

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hi all,
My boyfriend has just been granted a six-month visitor visa to Aus, with multiple entries allowed inside a year.
The query I have is that he is planning a second trip to Oz next year, leaving the UK in March and staying for two or three months.
Is it permitted to stay in Aus beyond the date of this visa, providing entry into Aus is before the stated date?
Thanks, Dianne

dont quote me but i think you can get 18 months out of a year visa - when visa granted in April 2004 you can come to oz but must leave no later than 6 months after the date you entered - then you can leave oz and return for a further say 5 months leave ox and enter ox the day before the visa expires and stay a further 6 months- make sense?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thewoods
dont quote me but i think you can get 18 months out of a year visa - when visa granted in April 2004 you can come to oz but must leave no later than 6 months after the date you entered - then you can leave oz and return for a further say 5 months leave ox and enter ox the day before the visa expires and stay a further 6 months- make sense?
That's what I was hoping!
If so, he could enter Aus next March and stay for up to six months, even though the visa expires in April?
Hope that's correct!
Thanks for your help
Old Apr 18th 2005, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

That's what I was hoping!
If so, he could enter Aus next March and stay for up to six months, even though the visa expires in April?
Hope that's correct!
Thanks for your help

pretty much it - my mom was gonna come on visa (12 mths) and agent mentioning no nAMES SAID SHE COULD DO THAT - ONLY THING IS WHEN GOING THRU CUSTOMS FOR THE THIRD TIME THEY COULD SAY HANG ON A MINUTE..............R U TRYING TO GET PR ??? BUT IF IT IS ONYL 2ND VISIT GO FOR IT....BUT MAKE SURE HE KEEPS TO TIMEFRAME COS IF U APPLY FOR PR AND HE HAS OVERSTAYED THAT WILL BE JEPORDIZED
Old Apr 18th 2005, 3:41 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Hi all,
Thanks, Dianne

What it sound like his visa says is he must enter the 1st time by the certain date in April, I'm gonna pick the 1st as an example

So he must enter by 1st April 2006 and he can stay in Au for a max of 6 months in total but that can be broken into as many visits as he likes in a year from when he 1st entered, Ie if her 1st enters on the 1st June 2005 he can stay for up to 6 months in total over a 1 year period as long as he has has left the country by 1st June 2006.

If that is correct an you please let me know what type of visa that is as it could be handy for my family to visit me for longer than 3 months?

Cheers
Kala
Old Apr 18th 2005, 3:42 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JayDeee
What it sound like his visa says is he must enter the 1st time by the certain date in April, I'm gonna pick the 1st as an example

So he must enter by 1st April 2006 and he can stay in Au for a max of 6 months in total but that can be broken into as many visits as he likes in a year from when he 1st entered, Ie if her 1st enters on the 1st June 2005 he can stay for up to 6 months in total over a 1 year period as long as he has has left the country by 1st June 2006.

If that is correct an you please let me know what type of visa that is as it could be handy for my family to visit me for longer than 3 months?

Cheers
Kala
Ignore my dumb question the thread is titled 6 month visitor visa so I am guesing that is what it is
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Ignore my dumb question the thread is titled 6 month visitor visa so I am guesing that is what it is
for arguments sake lets say his visa is nto to enter later than 1/4/06 - he can enter 31/5/06 ans stay 6 months - he cannot enter after 1/4/06 - my mom came on a visitors visa and asked for long stya which is a diiferent subclass - she came for 6 months and had to leave 5 months and 28 days to aviod flight delays etc - her visa ran out on jan 2005 - she entered in sept 04 and left march 05
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thewoods
for arguments sake lets say his visa is nto to enter later than 1/4/06 - he can enter 31/5/06 ans stay 6 months - he cannot enter after 1/4/06 - my mom came on a visitors visa and asked for long stya which is a diiferent subclass - she came for 6 months and had to leave 5 months and 28 days to aviod flight delays etc - her visa ran out on jan 2005 - she entered in sept 04 and left march 05
thanks for your help.
I've just had an e-mail reply from Aussie House in London and this confirms what you said.
Excellent news!