Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sitting here waiting for shippers...

Sitting here waiting for shippers...

Old Feb 24th 2005, 8:58 am
joveazey

Default Sitting here waiting for shippers...

Starting to s*** myself now ! Mum is coming to get Flynn in a min and the shippers are coming between 11 and 1. What did people do before they came ? I am just putting everything that needs to go in a pile in each room. Is that the best way ?

JO :scared:

Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:29 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sitting here waiting for shippers...

Originally Posted by joveazey
Starting to s*** myself now ! Mum is coming to get Flynn in a min and the shippers are coming between 11 and 1. What did people do before they came ? I am just putting everything that needs to go in a pile in each room. Is that the best way ?

Hi Jo
Probably the exact same thing you are doing, lol. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Feb 24th 2005, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Well I pottered. Computer was disconnected so couldn't use it, and other half had to go and get a few things from his old flat. There's not much you can do, but we had spent a week going through everything, deciding what was getting shipped, what was going to charity and what we were taking with us. By the time the packers arrived (and they were late) the place was just pretty chaotic. We had decided there was no point in storing things again so a lot of cupboards were empty, and there were massive piles as you say in each room. It's kinda scary, but honestly, when it's all gone, you realise how far you've come on this rollercoaster!! Then tonight, if you can find a wine glass......
Old Feb 24th 2005, 10:14 am
joveazey

Thanks for that Logan. We are not shipping furniture, it's all old so we are going to sell it, but I can't believe how much stuff is now sitting in the house waiting to go. When I got the quote I think I may have underestimated ! Might have a shock when the bill comes. We haven't exchanged on the house yet, so it's all a bit scary, but we have to validate by July 13th so we thought we might as well get it shipped and then if the worst happens we'll just leave the house with my mum as power of attorney. It's beginning to feel like it's all real now and we are actually moving to Oz. Sorry to waffle but nobody else to talk to, Mark's at work and theres just me and the dog !

Jo :scared:

Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Thanks for that Logan. We are not shipping furniture, it's all old so we are going to sell it, but I can't believe how much stuff is now sitting in the house waiting to go. When I got the quote I think I may have underestimated ! Might have a shock when the bill comes. We haven't exchanged on the house yet, so it's all a bit scary, but we have to validate by July 13th so we thought we might as well get it shipped and then if the worst happens we'll just leave the house with my mum as power of attorney. It's beginning to feel like it's all real now and we are actually moving to Oz. Sorry to waffle but nobody else to talk to, Mark's at work and theres just me and the dog !

Jo :scared:
Totally understand the waffling, my cats aren't too responsive at times! How did it all go?