Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Site playing up??

Site playing up??

Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Site playing up??

New answers are not being brought to the top.

Can't find pollyanna's post on the weather thread?

Is it just me?

G
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Site playing up??

Originally Posted by Grayling

Is it just me?

G
I'm getting the occasional:
"There seems to have been a slight problem with the British Expat Forum database."

Is that like being slighty pregnant?
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:42 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me?

G

Noticed that to - its not sending mails thru ?

Sel x
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Noticed that to - its not sending mails thru ?

Sel x
its not a very exciting post, just me wittering about bushfires again (got nailed to the wall for it last time, but thought I;d be brave )

============================================

Last month was a bad one for Queensland for fires, though fortunately little property was lost - there are a few threads over the last month if you do a search. Its something you need to be aware of , whichever state you are in, and you should find the website for your local fire dept, then monitor things like fire-bans, and be aware of when the danger is greatest.
I'm not trying to preach, (and I know a lot of people are aware of bushfires before they arrive) but others are not so informed, so being aware of the risks is of vital importance - and may one day save your life and your property.

www.fire.qld.gov.au

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259297

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258953
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
its not a very exciting post, just me wittering about bushfires again (got nailed to the wall for it last time, but thought I;d be brave )

Last month was a bad one for Queensland for fires, though fortunately little property was lost - there are a few threads over the last month if you do a search. Its something you need to be aware of , whichever state you are in, and you should find the website for your local fire dept, then monitor things like fire-bans, and be aware of when the danger is greatest.
I'm not trying to preach, (and I know a lot of people are aware of bushfires before they arrive) but others are not so informed, so being aware of the risks is of vital importance - and may one day save your life and your property.

www.fire.qld.gov.au

G
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:53 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

it's good to make people aware of bushfires.... the beach and sun goggles blind some peeps to the other issues if living in Oz... like lack of water/bushfires/skin cancer - what a jolly list!!!!

Bushfires are bloody scary things though.. they are incredibly noisy... roaring sounds and the like.. :scared:
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Publish and be damned Polly

G
Yep! Long Live the free press!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:07 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

www.fire.qld.gov.au

All info humbly recieved - I have put this in my 'need to know' oz file.

Thanx - blessed be

Sel x
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:10 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sel
All info humbly recieved - I have put this in my 'need to know' oz file.

Thanx - blessed be

Sel x
can never get too much info about a place... I still get puzzled by things living here in the UK!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:14 pm
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
can never get too much info about a place... I still get puzzled by things living here in the UK!!!!
I have to agree with that one Give me killer critters anyday

Sel x
Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pollyana]its not a very exciting post, just me wittering about bushfires again (got nailed to the wall for it last time, but thought I;d be brave )[QUOTE]

Witter away all you want. It is a subject close to your heart - well bank balance

Anyone who knocks that sort of info needs their head examining.

Back to the subject - thought it was my 'puter. Very slow last couple of days, trying to post etc and not refreshing And a minor gripe which I must post on the feedback bit - but not much leeway in adding smilies when the previous quote is still there. Winds me up being told by a faceless computer that I have used too many whatevers.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=moneypen20][QUOTE=Pollyana]its not a very exciting post, just me wittering about bushfires again (got nailed to the wall for it last time, but thought I;d be brave )

Witter away all you want. It is a subject close to your heart - well bank balance

Anyone who knocks that sort of info needs their head examining.

Back to the subject - thought it was my 'puter. Very slow last couple of days, trying to post etc and not refreshing And a minor gripe which I must post on the feedback bit - but not much leeway in adding smilies when the previous quote is still there. Winds me up being told by a faceless computer that I have used too many whatevers.
I get booted off the site at least a couple of times a day. Sometimes get booted completely offline too, though I think that's just me and technology mixing like oil and water!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:41 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

<Whinge mode ON>

It's still being incredibly slow half the time - screen lagging several lines behind my typing - but that was due to the "upgrade" I feel.

<Whinge mode OFF>