SIR visa's

Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Nette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SIR visa's

Can anyone help me with my SIR visa application.

I have just been offered sponsorship by South Australia and was informed to complete form 47SK as soon as possible.

I completed the application form and submitted it online. On submitting the form, it requested that I now forward my criminal records disclosure to DIMIA within 28 days – aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh!!! I’ve have not applied for my disclosure yet and am now panicking that, as I won’t be able to send the disclosure to DIMIA within the 28 days, this will impact on their decision of my SIR application.

Does anyone know how strict they are on the “28 day” rule???

Also, does anyone know if I also have to have my medical and radiologist report done within the 28 days??? Do they decide on my visa and then make it subject to a medical check/radiologist report or do I have to have everything done now?? (All this expense the week before Christmas!!!)

Despite reading all the terms and conditions of the SIR visa and relevant booklets, none of the above seems to be clear.

My last question is – Does anyone know the approximate processing times for SIR visas at the moment???

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SIR visa's

Originally Posted by Nette

I have just been offered sponsorship by South Australia and was informed to complete form 47SK as soon as possible.

I completed the application form and submitted it online. On submitting the form, it requested that I now forward my criminal records disclosure to DIMIA within 28 days – aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhh!!! I’ve have not applied for my disclosure yet and am now panicking that, as I won’t be able to send the disclosure to DIMIA within the 28 days, this will impact on their decision of my SIR application.

Also, does anyone know if I also have to have my medical and radiologist report done within the 28 days??? Do they decide on my visa and then make it subject to a medical check/radiologist report or do I have to have everything done now?? (All this expense the week before Christmas!!!)

Despite reading all the terms and conditions of the SIR visa and relevant booklets, none of the above seems to be clear.

My last question is – Does anyone know the approximate processing times for SIR visas at the moment???

Hi we are also going on an SIR visa we submitted our application on line which also asked us to provide police checks and meds, we were concerned as there was no way we could send info in 28 days so we emailed aspc, they told us that we should wait till we had a case officer who would then request meds and pcc checks.

Dont worry you will be fine but f you are worried drop an email to aspc and ask.

We applied for our visa in august had a case officer end of october meds and pcc done end of november so now just waiting for visa.

Good luck with it all if i can help any more ask away.

Sarah
Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Nette is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: SIR visa's

Thanks for the help Sarah.

Can I just ask who are aspc??
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the help Sarah.

Can I just ask who are aspc??
Adelaide skills processing centre but my mistake thats not who you need to email thast just to tell you how far applications are being processed you should be able to email where you have done on line aplication by usuing the contact us button thats what my OH has just told me we did.
Old Dec 17th 2006, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for our SIR on 10th Aug 2005 and applied online. We had our meds on the 28th September. Our Police Checks didn't arrive til October.

Like you the email said pretty much the same thing.

We sent all of our paperwork, less the Police checks, by courier in August. Once the Police Checks arrived I confirmed with our CO if it would be ok to scan them and email them over to her. This was done and conformation arrived on 8th Nov.

If you are concerned just contact your CO. We did a couple of times and always got an answer very quickly.

Good luck

Graham