Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sipping Insurance

Sipping Insurance

Old May 19th 2004, 3:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Shipping Insurance

Finally paid out!!

We brought over some unacompanied baggage so that we could get our stuff quickly to enable us to find work. The stuff took 6 weeks to get here and was ruined cos the lids hadn't been put back on my gel nail pots properly when someone checked them. The gel had leaked on everything and set solid, £500 worth of stock ruined and over £400 worth of clothes!!!

Anyway after recieving a letter from the insurance co saying that i hadn't packed the gels properly and that the heat would cause them to react, they would not be paying us a penny.

At this point i wrote them a very nice ( ) letter saying that had someone BOTHERED TO COME OUT and look at the stuff they would see how well it had been packed, but it had been fiddled with. Secondly heat has no effect on the gels, only UV makes it set. And also i had always been led to believe that it was very cold in the hold of an aircraft!! (maybe it had come by ship and that is why it took so flaming long to get here )

Anyway we got a nice letter saying that in light of all of the evidence before them they would fully remburse us with the full amount that we had insured the goods for (£1000).

So i am keeping to my end of the bargin and are "telling the members of the forum that i belong to, who share all information about the shipping process, good and BAD" that i had a satisfactory end to my dealings with Interpak and ISS, thats ISS insurance services!!!!

So anyone who's fobbed off and has a genuine claim, its worth having a moan, we got a lot of $ in the bank today

Last edited by hevs; May 19th 2004 at 4:00 am.
Old May 19th 2004, 3:58 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

When I saw 'Sipping insurance' I thought you were on about 'falling down drunk' insurance!

I agree with you about insurance companies - they are trained to deny the claim three times before they even look at it. (Somewhat biblical, really.... )
Old May 19th 2004, 3:59 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

And what's "gel nail pots" when they're home???? Something for sticking false nails on with?
Old May 19th 2004, 4:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

POO! it won't let me change it now

Gel nail pots are just what they say!!

They are pots, containing gel, for your nails!

Then its baked on with a uv lamp and there you have permenant nail colour!!!

Interested?
Old May 19th 2004, 4:05 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by hevs
POO! it won't let me change it now

Gel nail pots are just what they say!!

They are pots, containing gel, for your nails!

Then its baked on with a uv lamp and there you have permenant nail colour!!!

Interested?
So waddya do if you change your mind? Huh? Huh? hadn't thought of that, HADDYA?!
Old May 19th 2004, 4:11 am
High in the Dandenongs

LOL

You can soak them off, or go over them with another colour (as long as its darker!)
Old May 19th 2004, 4:14 am
I like kittens.

LOL

You can soak them off, or go over them with another colour (as long as its darker!)
Sounds like more fiddly girlie stuff to me.

You trying to tell us you're a chainsaw-toting, blowtorch burning, hammer wielding GIRLIE-GIRL??? With highly polished nails, full makeup, boufant hairdo, stilletto heels and fishnets?

I'm on me way!
Old May 19th 2004, 4:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by downunderpom
Sounds like more fiddly girlie stuff to me.

You trying to tell us you're a chainsaw-toting, blowtorch burning, hammer wielding GIRLIE-GIRL??? With highly polished nails, full makeup, boufant hairdo, stilletto heels and fishnets?

I'm on me way!
Just part of my pommy life! Tools of my long forgotten trade, before i became the renovater from hell:scared:
Old May 19th 2004, 4:31 am
I like kittens.

Just part of my pommy life! Tools of my long forgotten trade, before i became the renovater from hell:scared:
Just had a look at the profile (after scratching my head, wondering what you were on about) and got "Beauty Therapist'. Ahhh... right! Come up to Sydney - looking around there's more work for you than you can shake a curling iron at!

And my neighbour has a dozen horses that need exercising, too.....
Old May 19th 2004, 4:37 am
High in the Dandenongs

You got room for us at chez DUP then

PS enough with this thread hi jacking lark!!:lecture: I want the good folks of the forum to know that they have to fight for whats theirs!!
Oh and ISS do a great job (if you harrass them enough! )
Old May 19th 2004, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by downunderpom
'Sipping insurance'

Ah Hevs chook, you've done it again

Made me laugh out loud that is

I think I need some of that insurance after a good boozy night out
Old May 19th 2004, 4:46 am
I like kittens.

You got room for us at chez DUP then

PS enough with this thread hi jacking lark!!:lecture: I want the good folks of the forum to know that they have to fight for whats theirs!!
Oh and ISS do a great job (if you harrass them enough! )
Should be pouring concrete within the next few weeks! I've got a tent down next to the wombats for visitors!

And you can hijack YOUR threads any time you like, Hevs!
Old May 19th 2004, 4:53 am
High in the Dandenongs

I just can't help myself
Old May 19th 2004, 8:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs, do you mean my nails could go a permanent blue? Instead of having to be re-done every couple of days?!! WOW!!!! You gotta customer next time I see you!!!
Old May 19th 2004, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

P S The Bloke is sobbing gently in the corner now. Whens the next flight?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.