Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A single phrase to sum up where you live

A single phrase to sum up where you live

Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:55 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default A single phrase to sum up where you live

I was given this one by a British friend living in Sydney, just this week, and I think that it neatly sums up Brisbane (he got this from an Australian colleague by the way).

"If you like restaurants but you don't like choice then Brisbane is for you!"

Anyone alse got pearls of wisdom that generalise where they are living?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:57 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A single phrase to sum up where you live

Home Sweet Home
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:21 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Convenient Sydney suburb, gentrified but still a bit rough round the edges, with a lot of pubs and restaurants, dog s*** and grafitti, populated by people who can't afford its more up-market neighbour Balmain.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:30 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I was given this one by a British friend living in Sydney, just this week, and I think that it neatly sums up Brisbane (he got this from an Australian colleague by the way).

Mild cheese with annoying little peppercorn bits in it.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

At the arse end of the world.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:35 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
At the arse end of the world.
Whereabouts in Perth are you?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Oh, you're from Perth......
Yep, is that good or bad?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:03 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

A wolf in sheep's clothing.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:19 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:25 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players."
Is there nothing happening in your bit of the world this afternoon? (Nice summary, btw. )
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Beautiful one day, gorgeous the next.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Is there nothing happening in your bit of the world this afternoon? (Nice summary, btw. )
How can you tell?

School's out tomorrow with 2 "graduations" (one from elementary, one from middle school), the kids are hot and knackered with their end of term parties etc.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:34 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
How can you tell?

School's out tomorrow with 2 "graduations" (one from elementary, one from middle school), the kids are hot and knackered with their end of term parties etc.
Graduating from elementary school, dear Watson? Hope that they have fun.

I'm bored, too. I'm meant to be working on uni stuff (as ever!) but can't get motivated. And there's a lake starting to form around inside of the back door. I should probably deal with that. Sad when a minor flood's the highlight of your day, init? (Though the rain is good and needed!)
Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Graduating from elementary school, dear Watson? Hope that they have fun.

I'm bored, too. I'm meant to be working on uni stuff (as ever!) but can't get motivated. And there's a lake starting to form around inside of the back door. I should probably deal with that. Sad when a minor flood's the highlight of your day, init? (Though the rain is good and needed!)
Ooh it's horrible when you can't get motivated hmmmm another cup of tea when you've dealt with the flood then

Get on with it woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:46 am
Cup of tea, Father?

You sound just like Mr GG.

You're right, though. OK, a cup of tea and then I'll start. Cheers, Mrs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.