Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Single mums & emigration

Single mums & emigration

Old May 15th 2002, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Single mums & emigration

Just occurred to me, everyone posting on this board who is planning to emigrate to Oz seems to be either single with no dependants, or married/in long-term relationship. Anyone know if single mums can apply? Or would they be viewed as a drain on the government's resources ie income benefits? Anyone any experience here?
Old May 15th 2002, 9:20 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Single mums & emigration

Yes, you can apply as a single mother. You will need to show you can take the child
out of the UK (under UK law), which generally means written permission from the
child's father or a court order.

Jeremy

>On 15 May 2002 17:20:21 GMT, Jacqui <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just occurred to me, everyone posting on this board who is planning to emigrate to
    >Oz seems to be either single with no dependants, or married/in long-term
    >relationship. Anyone know if single mums can apply? Or would they be viewed as a
    >drain on the government's resources ie income benefits? Anyone any experience here?
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com