Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singing in the Rain, ...

Singing in the Rain, ...

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:56 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Singing in the Rain, ...

"It was quite amazing to experience rain again," Mrs Bishop said. "It's incredible, because it's even greened up a bit today. "It's like the grass is ready to jump out of the ground."

Mr Bishop said the rain was just in time because they were absolutely desperate for feed, with quality hay running out throughout SA

Grey skies end farmers' blues
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singing in the Rain, ...

Originally Posted by Megalania

"It was quite amazing to experience rain again," Mrs Bishop said. "It's incredible, because it's even greened up a bit today. "It's like the grass is ready to jump out of the ground."

Mr Bishop said the rain was just in time because they were absolutely desperate for feed, with quality hay running out throughout SA

This is the best bit of news I've read in months.

Hope no-one starts complaining about the grey skies over NSW right now..
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:48 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Crazy Frogs will have their day another day:

Ringtone du jour -
I'm Singing in the Rain (mono)

SINGING IN THE RAIN Polyphonic Ringtone - Gene Kelly
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

smidgemum2 is an unknown quantity at this point

No moaning about the rain...but isn't it funny that it waited until a bank hol weekend to do it!!! You could almost be back in the UK....
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Rained till 11am here, been beautiful blue skies ever since, i think my face has got a bit burnt
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:11 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
Rained till 11am here, been beautiful blue skies ever since, i think my face has got a bit burnt
Should match your eyebrows & hair then.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

More, more, more.......pleeeease.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:51 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Should match your eyebrows & hair then.

I'm so proud i helped take down a tree in the yard today and we moved the shed (It was hissing it down and cold when we started but fined up and blazed it down all arvo!)
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

"Over the thirsty paddocks,
Watch, after many days,
The filmy veil of greenness
That thickens as we gaze"

from
My Country
a poem by
By Dorothea Mackellar
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:14 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by smidgemum2
No moaning about the rain...but isn't it funny that it waited until a bank hol weekend to do it!!! You could almost be back in the UK....
Here on the west side of Australia, the rain has been hounding us for a couple of weeks now. And those strong winds...
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Here on the west side of Australia, the rain has been hounding us for a couple of weeks now. And those strong winds...
Jealousy is a curse - darn.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 12:59 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Lots of lovely rain here in VIC on Thurs & Friday, and some yesterday, too. We really need it after nearly 5 months without....

Anya.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:55 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Lots of lovely rain here in VIC on Thurs & Friday, and some yesterday, too. We really need it after nearly 5 months without....

Anya.
We didn't get much this side, only about 1/3 of a tank Its definitely not like the rains of last year
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:03 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Last night was my first night of rain since I arrived a few weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong, I understand exactly why it's good that it rained, but "bloomin' noisy" was all I could think when I tried to get to sleep. Definitlely going to get a house with a tile roof when we buy! :-)
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:11 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
Last night was my first night of rain since I arrived a few weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong, I understand exactly why it's good that it rained, but "bloomin' noisy" was all I could think when I tried to get to sleep. Definitlely going to get a house with a tile roof when we buy! :-)
Funny, but i love my tin roof (only on our bedroom and family room) and would replace it with the exact same thing if it went. I have grow to love it when it rains at bed time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.