Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapour Airlines and their glitchy website

Singapour Airlines and their glitchy website

Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of
Default Singapour Airlines and their glitchy website

This has caused no end of problems for me today. Tried to book a flight got to the payment page and boom...nothing! Didn't know if I had a booking or not and to add insult to injury, when I started to do the booking process again (while I was on hold to the airline), the fair had actually gone up £100.

Luckily, after speaking to someone I found, it had made a booking but not taken payment and I was given the ref and put through to reservations so they could take a payment. Nice and easy...not! The guy refused to take payment for the original booking and stated that he would need to do a new one at the new price. I managed to speak to a manager after a load of huffing and puffing, he said that he would honour the price but told me that he has no idea where I will be sitting and has no idea how long it will be before I'm told (this is fantastic for someone that needs a window seat due).

Now I know SA have had problems for sometime with their website, but seriously for a company of this size not to have corrected it by now is ridiculous. What should have been a really exciting thing for me, booking my flights to my new life, has just become a pain in the ass. Really hope it's not a sign of things to come.

If there was an airline that could have come close to matching their price, I would have booked with them instead.

Anyone else had issues with this?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:36 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapour Airlines and their glitchy website

If you had logged on to a website for Singapour Airlines, I'm not surprised you had problems! The official website is Singapore Airlines.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kamie26
Anyone else had issues with this?
There are LOTS of complaints out there about the new website.

I think it looks bloody awful too!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:59 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Received this about a week ago - IMHO it indicates some serious shit will be going on about it internally and probably a few heads rolling down the ECP.

On behalf of Singapore Airlines, I would like to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused as a result of issues that arose from the launch of our new website on 22 May 2011.

As with all new initiatives that we undertake, the intention behind the website revamp was to improve on our customers’ experience with us. I am truly sorry that the new website, with its technical problems, has instead caused much aggravation for many of our customers. We make no excuses for our failure to deliver an acceptable level of online service.

We have committed full resources to resolving the website problems and have made significant progress in rectifying many of the defects. We will continue to relentlessly pursue all other outstanding issues. An in-depth investigation as to how the issues that arose went undetected is well underway, and we are treating this with utmost importance.

At Singapore Airlines, we strive to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. I am well aware that there is a wide range of travel options to choose from, and thus, am grateful that many of you have continued to support us. We do not take this for granted.

Thank you for your continued patience during this period. I know that you have high expectations of us, and we failed to meet those expectations. On behalf of the Company, I offer our unreserved apology, and pledge to win back your confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Goh Choon Phong
Chief Executive Officer
Singapore Airlines
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:25 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Received this about a week ago - IMHO it indicates some serious shit will be going on about it internally and probably a few heads rolling down the ECP.

On behalf of Singapore Airlines, I would like to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused as a result of issues that arose from the launch of our new website on 22 May 2011.

As with all new initiatives that we undertake, the intention behind the website revamp was to improve on our customers’ experience with us. I am truly sorry that the new website, with its technical problems, has instead caused much aggravation for many of our customers. We make no excuses for our failure to deliver an acceptable level of online service.

We have committed full resources to resolving the website problems and have made significant progress in rectifying many of the defects. We will continue to relentlessly pursue all other outstanding issues. An in-depth investigation as to how the issues that arose went undetected is well underway, and we are treating this with utmost importance.

At Singapore Airlines, we strive to put our customers at the centre of everything we do. I am well aware that there is a wide range of travel options to choose from, and thus, am grateful that many of you have continued to support us. We do not take this for granted.

Thank you for your continued patience during this period. I know that you have high expectations of us, and we failed to meet those expectations. On behalf of the Company, I offer our unreserved apology, and pledge to win back your confidence.

Yours sincerely,

Goh Choon Phong
Chief Executive Officer
Singapore Airlines
I can imagine the level of IT angst that is happening ... It's not a pretty sight when a major website goes bad ... Best off rolling everything back and testing the new site properly in private ... If they can ...
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:34 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

You know it's bad when you get a public admission like this, especially in Asia where "face" is everything.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:36 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
You know it's bad when you get a public admission like this, especially in Asia where "face" is everything.
What with this and the Tiger Airways thing there will be some casualties ...
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:34 am
annette

netty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond reputenetty has a reputation beyond repute

We had the same problem. Went to make payment then lost it all. We contacted Singapore Airlines and they also sent the same email apologizing about the new web site problems.

We contacted the reservations office who retrieved our booking and remade the booking with a new reference number. They even called us back so we didn't have to be kept on the phone as the assistance said it will cost you money and it takes a while to refill all the details in. She just called us back once all details was redone and to check the information was all correct then forward onto the payment department.

We couldn't fault the service.

Also one thing she did say why she made it a new booking was to stop any problems arising with the old booking reference. Maybe something to be aware of.
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:03 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

...some people are now reporting that the SQ website is showing them details for other passengers when they pull up their booking; passport numbers, phone numbers, email addresses etc.

Another user received an email notification of a schedule change (for flights they weren't even travelling on) which was written in SMS speak...'Yr travel agent was alerted to call u or u may wish to call yr agent instead'. They booked through the website of course, not a travel agent!
Old Aug 1st 2011, 10:38 pm
Auntie Fa

Crap, that is bad. The Geek now travels mostly domestically and uses Qantas but I'll warn my friends in Sg.