British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Singaporeair.co.uk Question? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/singaporeair-co-uk-question-279967/)

chrisp6 Jan 25th 2005 7:34 pm

Online booking Info with Singapore airlines?

Hi,
Has anyone booked online via the website?
If so how do you recieve the tickets ie.. post or pick-up at airport?( we are booking tommorrow for May this year)
Chris

SteveBannister Jan 25th 2005 8:02 pm

Re: Online booking Info with Singapore airlines?

Originally Posted by chrisp6
Hi,
If so how do you recieve the tickets ie.. post or pick-up at airport?( we are booking tommorrow for May this year)
Chris

You get e-tickets, now. Even through the travel agent.

We had a quote online from singapore airlines, but the same tickets were cheaper when booked through Thomas Cook, as they buy in bulk. Just a thought. Register for their Krisflyer membership as you get loads of airmiles that you can use against future flights. (One membership for each of your family)

cazz Jan 25th 2005 8:27 pm

Hi,
Chris

Hi Chris,
We have just booked flights for 8th Feb online with singapore. All you need is the credit card you paid with at check in. When the booking is finished they e-mail you all the details I have also printed this off to take with me Just in case!!
I prefer to book with singapore direct as I know any queries you can give them a ring and they will sort it out
Kris flyer application forms you can also download which are very worthwhile.
Cazz

windsurfer uk Jan 25th 2005 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by cazz
Hi Chris,
We have just booked flights for 8th Feb online with singapore. All you need is the credit card you paid with at check in. When the booking is finished they e-mail you all the details I have also printed this off to take with me Just in case!!
I prefer to book with singapore direct as I know any queries you can give them a ring and they will sort it out
Cazz

We booked with singapore airlines ,flying in March to Perth . Just a thought, is the baggage allowance for the kids ticket the same as the adult quota ?
Regards windsurfer uk (will somebody please buy my house....soon !!! )

chrisp6 Jan 25th 2005 9:04 pm

Thanks cazz,
I have just filled in the Krissflyer application and shall book online tommorrow, we are going return on a validation trip but if we can sell the house we will be not using the return flight!
Chris

TE=cazz]Hi Chris,
Cazz[/QUOTE]

cazz Jan 25th 2005 9:15 pm

Re: Singaporeair.co.uk Question?

Chris, if you go on a return ticket watch your baggage allowance we did a validation trip 2003 but because we didn't need the extra allowance then, they said to keep proof of baggage slips and when we emigrate which we do 2 weeks today (aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) they will give us double baggage. After several emails and phone calls i now have 40kg each. yesssss :D

chrisp6 Jan 25th 2005 9:19 pm

thank you cazz
where in oz are you heading?
We are Perth bound!
Chris

Originally Posted by cazz
Chris, if you go on a return ticket watch your baggage allowance we did a validation trip 2003 but because we didn't need the extra allowance then, they said to keep proof of baggage slips and when we emigrate which we do 2 weeks today (aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) they will give us double baggage. After several emails and phone calls i now have 40kg each. yesssss :D

cazz Jan 25th 2005 9:40 pm

thank you cazz
where in oz are you heading?
We are Perth bound!
Chris

Sunshine Coast. :D :scared: :D :scared: :D