Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

singapore stopover hotel advice

singapore stopover hotel advice

Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:53 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default singapore stopover hotel advice

hi there, i have been looking at hotels on the singapore air website and would appreciate any recommendations on where to stay.
we have 2 hard to please kids 5 and 14 months so a child friendly hotel is a must.
the copthorne waterfront is a front runner so would love to know if any of you guys have been there.

jay
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:09 pm
Living the dream.

The MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant futureThe MCs has a brilliant future
Default Re: singapore stopover hotel advice

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 3 nights last year and would thoroughly recommend it. It is a 5 Star Hotel priced at UK 3/4 star Rates. The rooms are amazing and have a floor to ceiling window looking out on the Bay and a jacuzzi bath with a bath to ceiling window looking out on the bay also. Run the bubbles jump in the bath and roll up the shutters.... what an experience...
I dunno how child friendly the hotel is but it is an extremely welcoming place and the staff will do anything to help you.

Dave
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:11 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The MCs
We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 3 nights last year and would thoroughly recommend it. It is a 5 Star Hotel priced at UK 3/4 star Rates. The rooms are amazing and have a floor to ceiling window looking out on the Bay and a jacuzzi bath with a bath to ceiling window looking out on the bay also. Run the bubbles jump in the bath and roll up the shutters.... what an experience...
I dunno how child friendly the hotel is but it is an extremely welcoming place and the staff will do anything to help you.

Dave
Most hotels in singapore are child freindly, although not sure if it spreads to little gooners
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:16 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Most hotels in singapore are child freindly, although not sure if it spreads to little gooners
No no fraser, it only applies to Manu U kids.....ooops forgetting Singapore is the MUFC central fan club base......or is that in cornwall
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:17 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The MCs

Dave
cheers for that dave we are using the singapore air stopover deal and they list that hotel on their site!
the jacuzzi sounds great after a 13 hour flight with my little herberts
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:17 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsb
No no fraser, it only applies to Manu U kids.....ooops forgetting Singapore is the MUFC central fan club base......or is that in cornwall

Hello Gary, how was the party
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

KerryG has a spectacular aura aboutKerryG has a spectacular aura aboutKerryG has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: singapore stopover hotel advice

Hi Jay

I also have two young kids, will be 2 and 4 when we travel in September. We are flying via Singapore and I researched it extensively as there arent many child friendly hotels or those that will accomodate two children - wouldnt be able to sleep if they were in a totally separate room, nor if we shared beds with them.

I have found the Bintan Lagoon Resort on Bintan Island which is half an hour by bus/cab to the ferry then half an hour (ish) on a catamaran to the island which is technically Indonesian.

It looks luverly.... sigh.... cant wait!

I have spoken with them by email, to check availability and tis fine for September and they were very helpful. I think we are going for a garden terrace room (I need to double check whether they are one or two bedrooms), and to have an extra bed is an extra $50 and there are loungers and sofas etc to make a bed for the other nipper (fun camp time!).
I figured it as about £90 per night in a deluxe terrace room (incl. extra bed and taxes), £130 in the forest suite and £170 in the floral suite.

Check the link.
http://www.bintanlagoon.com/main.asp

We are booking our flights with trailfinders who should also be able to organise the ferry booking for us, or the hotel could (they sent me a booking form for it), and the hotel send a car to collect you form the ferry with drinks on arrival! Bring it on!!!!

Hope this is helpful

Kerry
Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:40 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally Posted by KerryG
Hi Jay

I also have two young kids, will be 2 and 4 when we travel in September. We are flying via Singapore and I researched it extensively as there arent many child friendly hotels or those that will accomodate two children - wouldnt be able to sleep if they were in a totally separate room, nor if we shared beds with them.

I have found the Bintan Lagoon Resort on Bintan Island which is half an hour by bus/cab to the ferry then half an hour (ish) on a catamaran to the island which is technically Indonesian.

It looks luverly.... sigh.... cant wait!

I have spoken with them by email, to check availability and tis fine for September and they were very helpful. I think we are going for a garden terrace room (I need to double check whether they are one or two bedrooms), and to have an extra bed is an extra $50 and there are loungers and sofas etc to make a bed for the other nipper (fun camp time!).
I figured it as about £90 per night in a deluxe terrace room (incl. extra bed and taxes), £130 in the forest suite and £170 in the floral suite.

Check the link.
http://www.bintanlagoon.com/main.asp

We are booking our flights with trailfinders who should also be able to organise the ferry booking for us, or the hotel could (they sent me a booking form for it), and the hotel send a car to collect you form the ferry with drinks on arrival! Bring it on!!!!

Hope this is helpful

Kerry
yes tis very helpful bintanlagoon is also an option with the singapore stopover deal!
I will collate all the info i am recieving then present it to the mrs and await her instructions
Old Jun 26th 2005, 8:47 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsb
LOL both my kids willbe wearing their man city shirts in singapore... proudly!

BTW.... point to note....if you have "little" kids, don't be scared if either the Singapore Airlines Staff or the Hotel Staff come up and walk off with your kids! hehehe that really freaked me out! They love kids so much that they just literally cuddle them and walk off to some other "lurking" women & all stand there "cooing" iver the kids! LOL
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wengerboy
hi there, i have been looking at hotels on the singapore air website and would appreciate any recommendations on where to stay.
we have 2 hard to please kids 5 and 14 months so a child friendly hotel is a must.
the copthorne waterfront is a front runner so would love to know if any of you guys have been there.

jay
Hi,
We stayed at the Copthorne Waterfront with our 2 year old twins. Hotel was good. No complaints at all. No more 'child friendly' than any other hotel we have stayed in, but overall no complaints and would stay there again.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:16 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Gary, how was the party

Hi there

Party was great thanks. Nice to see all the people turn up...even my old art teacher, which was nice.

A few tears were shed, by some who I did not expect it from.

But, yaeh it was a great night, really did not want it to end.

Cheers, Gary
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by gsb

A few tears were shed, by some who I did not expect it from.

Cheers, Gary
Why do you still owe them money

Glad to hear you all had a good one.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:23 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

Why do you still owe them money

Glad to hear you all had a good one.
Shit Fraser....who u been talking to?????

I will deny EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.....
Old Jun 27th 2005, 4:07 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

we stayed at the Shangri-La Sentosa - child friendly, lovely pools - a large shallow paddling area and a couple of water slides. Our kids are 4 and 19 months.

As someone else said, hotels are very child friendly in Singapore. And it helps that service is high on the agenda and nothing is too much for them.

We did nothing but laze round the pool for two days - I have been to Singapore before so didn't feel the need to be tourists.

Enjoy
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by gsb
I will deny EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING.....
Deny,deny,and deny always the only and best policy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.