Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Stopover

Wikiposts

Singapore Stopover

Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:07 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Singapore Stopover

I'm going to book our Singapore stopover tonight, probably 3/4 nights.

Can anyone give me any advice as in which hotels to book etc.

Also I was going to book through Singapore airlines to tie in with the flights, they give free tickets for various things, anyone tried this or are there better ways to book accommodation?

Any advice will be very appreiciated
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Singapore Stopover

We are going with Singapore airlines in October in all accounts loads of good feedback on here for them. We are staying in Singapore on our return journey and have booked the Phoenix hotel orchard road and managed to get a family room 2 adults and 3 kids 188 Singapore dollars a night looks good.
check out Singapore airlines.com i think they refer to accommodation on their site.

Hope this helps

Anitab
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:13 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Singapore Stopover

Originally Posted by AnitaB
We are going with Singapore airlines in October in all accounts loads of good feedback on here for them. We are staying in Singapore on our return journey and have booked the Phoenix hotel orchard road and managed to get a family room 2 adults and 3 kids 188 Singapore dollars a night looks good.
check out Singapore airlines.com i think they refer to accommodation on their site.

Hope this helps

Anitab
Sounds good, we also have 3 kids so that family room sounds ideal.
I already checked the website out but the hotels all seem the same, so i was after a recommendation really.

I didnt see any family rooms either, did you book those over the phone?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:32 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AnitaB

Hope this helps

Anitab
My family and I stayed in the Phoenix on a stopover in January. Was fantastic...great rooms...and we even got upgraded to a suite! Central to great shopping and the train/underground is just around the corner so good to get places v.easily. Staff were superb. They let us have 7 hour late check out too for a very small fee. Well recommended.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:36 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pompeywill

Also I was going to book through Singapore airlines to tie in with the flights, they give free tickets for various things, anyone tried this or are there better ways to book accommodation?

http://www.hotelphoenixsingapore.com
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Welshie
My family and I stayed in the Phoenix on a stopover in January. Was fantastic...great rooms...and we even got upgraded to a suite! Central to great shopping and the train/underground is just around the corner so good to get places v.easily. Staff were superb. They let us have 7 hour late check out too for a very small fee. Well recommended.
Sounds good, are those family rooms one big room or two rooms with an adjoining door?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:45 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.grandcopthorne.com.sg/MCIL.nsf/lu_hoteldoc/777$$hotelDescription?opendocument

we have booked here with the singapore stopover deal not been yet buti asked the same Q's yesterday
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=324257&pp=15

Last edited by Kelli28; Sep 6th 2005 at 7:56 am.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:57 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry i dont know why that wont work but its the grand copthorne water front
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:30 pm
Love Tiffany's

Sounds good, are those family rooms one big room or two rooms with an adjoining door?
We were upgraded to a suite which had one huge room, it really was HUGE! We've only got one chid so it was more than ideal for us. Had two super size beds in it, sofas, tables etc! I could not believe the size of it!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future

Hi Pompeywill

I booked the hotel on line there are loads of sites, you could try these([url]www.hoteltravel.com also ebookers.com)

hope this helps

Anitab
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:17 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

We stayed in one called the Copthorne Orchid, it was great. They had a bus that took you into the city, although we were only about 5 min away.

Don't forget to try and visit the Night Safari in the rain forest (city based) it was excellent. Raffles is also a must.