Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

singapore hotels - recomendations please with small children!

singapore hotels - recomendations please with small children!

Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default singapore hotels - recomendations please with small children!

Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been posted before but i couldn't get the search function to work so please bear with me!

We will be travelling over to Melbourne sometime in November and are planning to stop over in Singapore for a few days to chill and take some time before starting the hard work of setting up a new life! We have 3 children - 1 3 year old and 1 year old twins. The twin thing alway complicates things and we usually need 2 hotel rooms and that means us being in seperate rooms with some kids each.

1. Can anyone suggest some good hotels for families in Singapore?
2. Any hotels to avoid?
3. Any that have good kids facilities and will provide cots etc?

I have done some searches on-line but personal recommendations are always best i think.

Thanks!

Sarah
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:29 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: singapore hotels - recomendations please with small children!

Originally Posted by andysarah
Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been posted before but i couldn't get the search function to work so please bear with me!

We will be travelling over to Melbourne sometime in November and are planning to stop over in Singapore for a few days to chill and take some time before starting the hard work of setting up a new life! We have 3 children - 1 3 year old and 1 year old twins. The twin thing alway complicates things and we usually need 2 hotel rooms and that means us being in seperate rooms with some kids each.

2. Any hotels to avoid?

I have done some searches on-line but personal recommendations are always best i think.

Thanks!

Sarah
We're also a family of 5, so can relate to your problem.

We stayed in the Pan Pacific and had interconnecting rooms, although our children are older, 12, 10 and 6, I think the arrangement would work equally well with little ones, as we kept the adjoining door open the whole time and it felt more like a suite.

Didn't see many young children there, but those we did see were fussed over and nothing appeared to trouble the staff at meal times, concerning high chairs etc.

I know they have a babysitting service and an excellent pool which kept our 3 entertained for hours, (good shallow area to splash in).

The food was excellent, could have spent 3 hours at breakfast working our way thru all the choices, would definitely advise anyone to opt for breakfast included.

The hotel is directly connected to one of the many shopping malls and if you want to venture further afield there are plenty of taxis outside that the extremely helpful staff will guide you to.

And taxis are really cheap.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:02 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

try orchard hotel

Carmel
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Hi

We are family of 5 and are stopping over at the Shangri La on Sentosa Island. Thought the kids would love the beach and then we can hop on the cable car to go to the city when we want.

Nic
Old Oct 7th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi in three weeks we will be in the Marina Mandarin - will let you know. Am now starting to pray that no one posts anything negative!
Lindsey
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

timmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nicetimmins family is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: singapore hotels - recomendations please with small children!

Originally Posted by andysarah
Hi guys,

2. Any hotels to avoid?

Thanks!

Sarah
Me my hubby our 2 kids, 3+5 at time 2004,stayed in THE CARLTON.IT WAS LOVELY.A small play area next to the very quiet bar were waiters brought us a constant supply of iced water,free of charge (tips).A great splash pool outdoors,also on hand waiters at your beck and call all very accomodating to small kiddies.There is a place called Chimmes were plenty of exellent restaurants were all located together.The shopping centre is 2 min walk if that.Ifwe get our pr visas we will certainly be going back.
jenny
Old Oct 8th 2007, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

puntoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carmele
try orchard hotel

Carmel
I have to agree with Carmel here, the Orchard is a good hotel, on top of that, Traders which I've stayed in, very good for kids, a good kiddie pool and room for Mum and Dad to relax in the Saunas and Whirlpools etc...
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
We're also a family of 5, so can relate to your problem.

We stayed in the Pan Pacific and had interconnecting rooms, although our children are older, 12, 10 and 6, I think the arrangement would work equally well with little ones, as we kept the adjoining door open the whole time and it felt more like a suite.

Didn't see many young children there, but those we did see were fussed over and nothing appeared to trouble the staff at meal times, concerning high chairs etc.

I know they have a babysitting service and an excellent pool which kept our 3 entertained for hours, (good shallow area to splash in).

The food was excellent, could have spent 3 hours at breakfast working our way thru all the choices, would definitely advise anyone to opt for breakfast included.

The hotel is directly connected to one of the many shopping malls and if you want to venture further afield there are plenty of taxis outside that the extremely helpful staff will guide you to.

And taxis are really cheap.
Great advise. We too are staying in this hotel, en route to Oz, in December (2 adults + 1 8 year old). This hotel gets very good reviews on trip adviser.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

andysarah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the recommendations guys, will begin checking them out. Lets hope we are ok to get reservations at short notice as haven't booked our flights yet as waiting for a date to complete on the house