Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

singapore hotel for 5 ????

singapore hotel for 5 ????

Old May 2nd 2005, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default singapore hotel for 5 ????

hi,
has anyone got any recommendations for a hotel room in singapore than will take 2 adults & 3 kids?

the kids are still young 10, 8 & 8 so i am reluctant to have them in a room on their own - especially as many places cannot guarrantee that we will get adjoining rooms . - Im sure that we are not the only family who has 3 kids!! -

any ideas / suggestions would be fantastic -

many thanks

pootle

if anyone else is interested the pan pacific in kuala lumpur will let you have a junior suite with 3 extra beds in it for no extra cost ( plus you get all the special perks that they offer with the room) - really nice hotel & staff we nice - walkable from the airport too - although they have a "buggy" (like the ones for the disabled/old passengers at the airports)the kids loved it!! we zoomed backwards & forwards to the airport to catch the train to the city.

Old May 2nd 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: singapore hotel for 5 ????

Me too... we only have 2 under 4's, but a search on expedia has only brought up the shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort... all the others claim over occupancy...thought there would be more choice!

thanks
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JJJHM
Me too... we only have 2 under 4's, but a search on expedia has only brought up the shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort... all the others claim over occupancy...thought there would be more choice!

thanks
We have two under 4's also. We were thinking of staying at the Raffles Plaza. They do a twin room with two double beds. We thought that would do. One in a bed with each of us. Will that be allowed d'you think?
Tracey.
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi,
has anyone got any recommendations for a hotel room in singapore than will take 2 adults & 3 kids?

the kids are still young 10, 8 & 8 so i am reluctant to have them in a room on their own - especially as many places cannot guarrantee that we will get adjoining rooms . - Im sure that we are not the only family who has 3 kids!! -

many thanks

pootle

if anyone else is interested the pan pacific in kuala lumpur will let you have a junior suite with 3 extra beds in it for no extra cost ( plus you get all the special perks that they offer with the room) - really nice hotel & staff we nice - walkable from the airport too - although they have a "buggy" (like the ones for the disabled/old passengers at the airports)the kids loved it!! we zoomed backwards & forwards to the airport to catch the train to the city.

We have this problem everywhere we go except in Oz where 2 bed suites/apartments are easier to find and a heck of lot cheaper than most other countries.

Our kids are 15,12 and 10 (almost) so its even harder to find rooms the right size!

2 years ago we all stayed at the Merchant Court Hotel, Singapore which is part of the Raffles group,and they have adjacent rooms which can open up together with a single entry door onto the corridor so you get 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and kids can run between the two!! Quite expensive with 2 rooms but at least we wern't miles apart. Good location, near Clarkes Quay, and cheap taxis everywhere.
All in all we thought it was worth it as everything else is very cheap in Singapore, especially meals out and the SHOPPING!!!
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
We have two under 4's also. We were thinking of staying at the Raffles Plaza. They do a twin room with two double beds. We thought that would do. One in a bed with each of us. Will that be allowed d'you think?
Tracey.

Sounds good, do you think you'll need to tell them in advance or just ask for a cot when you get there... assuming you need one!!

julie
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Sounds good, do you think you'll need to tell them in advance or just ask for a cot when you get there... assuming you need one!!

julie
Hi Julie,

I think I'll contact them and ask. I'll let you know.
Tracey
Old May 2nd 2005, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Hi Julie,

I think I'll contact them and ask. I'll let you know.
Tracey
Thanks, when are you going, we're looking at the begoining of September... hopefully!!

Julie
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, when are you going, we're looking at the begoining of September... hopefully!!

Julie
We are hoping to leave by the end of July!!!! Can't come quick enough.....12 weeks and counting.....
Tracey.
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

p63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura aboutp63500sv8 has a spectacular aura about
Cool Re: singapore hotel for 5 ????

Julie
Hi
We have booked flights to Brisbane via Singapore in October and decided on a stopover on the way home.
Ebookers could only get us two adjoining rooms for the 5 of us (children will be 9,7 & 2).
However my wife did a bit of investigating and we finally found a family room at the Phoenix Hotel. Cost is $188 Singapore Dollars (similar fx rate to Aus dollars I think!)
It is very confusing as hardly any hotels advertise family rooms there.

Good luck with your trip

Regards

Michael
Old May 2nd 2005, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by p63500sv8
Hi
We have booked flights to Brisbane via Singapore in October and decided on a stopover on the way home.
Ebookers could only get us two adjoining rooms for the 5 of us (children will be 9,7 & 2).
However my wife did a bit of investigating and we finally found a family room at the Phoenix Hotel. Cost is $188 Singapore Dollars (similar fx rate to Aus dollars I think!)
It is very confusing as hardly any hotels advertise family rooms there.

Good luck with your trip

Regards

Michael
Thanks Michael.
Old May 2nd 2005, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: singapore hotel for 5 ????

Originally Posted by pootle26
hi,

many thanks

pootle

Sorry, don't know.....just wanted to say hi to a fellow pootle!
From Pootle
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pootle
Sorry, don't know.....just wanted to say hi to a fellow pootle!
From Pootle

hi pootle

are you named after the little yellow one on the flumps???

seems to be more pootles about now - didnt see any for ages

see ya later

pootle (26)
Old May 3rd 2005, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Julie
Hi Julie,
Raffles Plaza hotel have got back to me. Toddlers can share parents room and there is no additional charge for them.
Take care
Tracey
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Parkview in a standard double room despite there being 5 of us.

You can get it for $160 SGD a night with their advance purchase rate

http://www.singapore.holiday-inn.com/
Old May 3rd 2005, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renth
We have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Parkview in a standard double room despite there being 5 of us.

You can get it for $160 SGD a night with their advance purchase rate

http://www.singapore.holiday-inn.com/

thanks - ill have a look !

pootle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.