Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

SIngapore family Hotels

SIngapore family Hotels

Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Smile SIngapore family Hotels

WE are planning a short stopover in Singapore- 2 nights- flying with Singapore Airlines and wondered if anyone can recommend one of the hotels that they do deals with? WE want something with a roof top pool, near a mall. They all look so similar in the pictures. WE are travelling with our 6 year old.

WE have used a Trailfinders Hotel before -Traders- and really liked it, but I guess we should take advantage of the Sinagpore airlines offers.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:26 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SIngapore family Hotels

Originally Posted by AliMay
WE are planning a short stopover in Singapore- 2 nights- flying with Singapore Airlines and wondered if anyone can recommend one of the hotels that they do deals with? WE want something with a roof top pool, near a mall. They all look so similar in the pictures. WE are travelling with our 6 year old.

WE have used a Trailfinders Hotel before -Traders- and really liked it, but I guess we should take advantage of the Sinagpore airlines offers.
AliMay
I have a Singaporean friend (resident with a 5 yr old) and asked him the same question when I did that trip last month with my 3, 7 and 14 year old.
I gave him the list from Singapore Airlines.
He recommended the Carlton
http://www.carlton.com.sg/
It has everything you listed, roof top pool (5th floor), close to shopping malls that are VERY cheap for electronics and clothes.
Our kids had a ball!
Make sure you take your 6 yr old on the "duck boat" (takes about an hour) and/or the zoo for the day. Kids will enjoy either of them.
Good luck.

Andrew
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andrew63
AliMay
I have a Singaporean friend (resident with a 5 yr old) and asked him the same question when I did that trip last month with my 3, 7 and 14 year old.
I gave him the list from Singapore Airlines.
He recommended the Carlton
http://www.carlton.com.sg/
It has everything you listed, roof top pool (5th floor), close to shopping malls that are VERY cheap for electronics and clothes.
Our kids had a ball!
Make sure you take your 6 yr old on the "duck boat" (takes about an hour) and/or the zoo for the day. Kids will enjoy either of them.
Good luck.

Andrew
Cheers - it looks good. WE'll try the duck boat- whatever that is!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:55 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliMay
Cheers - it looks good. WE'll try the duck boat- whatever that is!
AliMay
http://www.ducktours.com.sg/

Also, http://www.affiliate.viator.com/broc...2312&L=MOSTPOP for a guide of all tours etc. Don't bother booking on line, you will have free/half-price tickets from Singapore Airline for most.

Andrew
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:08 pm
GoldMember(AustinPowers)

SprintST1 will become famous soon enough

Rely on anything Andrew63 says, (the guy's a star), but
in addition, check out the

Allson Hotel

Stayed there a few weeks ago. Excellent. Cheapest I could find at that standard (rooftop pool, gym etc. etc.) Good restaurants/bars internal/external.

BUT the amazing thing is it's just round the corner from Raffles in the centre.
Fantastic location. From there you can see EVERYTHING easily. Not JUST Orchard Rd. If you're only staying for a couple of nights, the Zoo is great 4 the kid/whole family. And treat yourself to a posh meal.... Equinox restaurant is on the 70th, yes, 70th floor of Raffles Plaza... Book in advance - an 18.00hrs table - & arrive a little early. With luck you'll get a window seat (it's always first come first served) & the view is spectacular - one of the world's best.
If you'd like more ideas pm me.

Enjoy.
Mike
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SprintST1
Rely on anything Andrew63 says, (the guy's a star), but
in addition, check out the

Allson Hotel

Stayed there a few weeks ago. Excellent. Cheapest I could find at that standard (rooftop pool, gym etc. etc.) Good restaurants/bars internal/external.

BUT the amazing thing is it's just round the corner from Raffles in the centre.
Fantastic location. From there you can see EVERYTHING easily. Not JUST Orchard Rd. If you're only staying for a couple of nights, the Zoo is great 4 the kid/whole family. And treat yourself to a posh meal.... Equinox restaurant is on the 70th, yes, 70th floor of Raffles Plaza... Book in advance - an 18.00hrs table - & arrive a little early. With luck you'll get a window seat (it's always first come first served) & the view is spectacular - one of the world's best.
If you'd like more ideas pm me.

Enjoy.
Mike
Love the idea of the 70th floor restaurant. I'll put it on my list of things to do.
Cheers