Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Dentist

Singapore Dentist

Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

hobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nicehobbis is just really nice
Default Singapore Dentist

I have read threads about people having dental work in Singapore en route to UK. Any recomendations please?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Dentist

Hi

Dr Steven Ang at The Smile Division, it's in Lucky Plaza on Orchard Rd. Lovely man, he did my crown and rebuilt my tooth after it broke. Just Google either name and it will give you his contact details.

cheers

KK
Old Mar 26th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the crown? I have two molars needing crowns in the near future, as has my partner. We are toying with the idea of getting them done next year and linking it all in with our trip back to the UK but have no idea of how to plan it all. How long does a crown take (ie how long to stay in Singapore). Also, would you advise getting it done on the way out or on the return journey or does it matter?
Also, my crowns are needed on both sides of my mouth. My dentist here will only treat one side of my mouth at a time as he says they shouldn't have the whole mouth numbed. Therefore do you think that means having to stay for double the amount of time in Singapore?
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

My crown was S$550 but it might have gone up as it was 3 years ago but email them and ask what the current price is and about the amount of work you want in one visit. There were additional costs of the x-ray etc but it was still heaps cheaper than here or in the UK. He did me a big filling at the same time.

Because I was stopping in Singapore on both journeys he did the grinding down and took the impression on the way out and put a temporary tooth on it then I had the crown fitted on the way home. When I broke my tooth I thought he would just build up a filling but he took an impression and made me half a tooth which he did in a couple of days, he even came in on his day off to check I was okay on one visit!

I'd have no issues with spending any amount of time in Singapore but hotels are quite expensive now so do factor extra time in to your budget but then I'd rather spend it on a stay in Singapore than a dentist here given the choice!