Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airport

Singapore Airport

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice
Default Singapore Airport

I'm just about to book my flight from London to Adelaide via Singapore. I will be in Singapore airport for about 4 hours. Does this mean my case comes off and I can get into my case or will it simply stay on the plane?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice
Default Re: Singapore Airport

Originally Posted by aarancam
I'm just about to book my flight from London to Adelaide via Singapore. I will be in Singapore airport for about 4 hours. Does this mean my case comes off and I can get into my case or will it simply stay on the plane?
Hi
No you will not be able to get your case the next time you will see your case will be in Adelaide unless you have a stopover

Billy
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Case goes on in transit..................however there is lots to do at Singapore airport, it is lovely, only dont go upstairs to the outside................it is so bloody hot and humid, you will be steaming within m inutes!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

aarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really niceaarancam is just really nice

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Case goes on in transit..................however there is lots to do at Singapore airport, it is lovely, only dont go upstairs to the outside................it is so bloody hot and humid, you will be steaming within m inutes!!!
We had our first frost here this morning so by mid December I will probably be glad of a bit of steaming! By the way, will plane tickets be difficult to buy around then because of the Ashes?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 7:35 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Singapore Airport

We had our first frost here this morning so by mid December I will probably be glad of a bit of steaming! By the way, will plane tickets be difficult to buy around then because of the Ashes?
I should think plane tickets for that time are already near-impossible to buy. Mid December - Mid January tends to get sold out around August!

Buzzy
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:48 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Singapore right now !

Lots of things to do at the airport.

And the humidity is quite errrmm WARM !

But its worth the stopover - a few days will do you

Nick
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:32 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Depends what time your flight will arrive in Singapore. We transited at 3:00am this morning and most shops where closed except of the Duty Free and a couple of food outlets. It was great being able to access the free internet though, as there were not that many other flights in at that time.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I should think plane tickets for that time are already near-impossible to buy. Mid December - Mid January tends to get sold out around August!

Buzzy
I've researched tickets for this period - they are available but all the cheap economy seats have long since gone, mainly bought up in blocks by companies sending the Barmy Army out and by individuals. Be prepared to see return flights if available starting in the £800's or £900's as a result.

As said, Changi (Singapore) airport is great. It was again recently voted the world's #1 airport. If you have more than an hour I'd recommend going from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 and back or vice-versa, depending where you land. There is a Sky Train connecting the terminal and it literally only takes a few minutes. We also went outside on other occasions and (probably because I come from Oz) I didn't find the heat or humidity a problem. If your transit time happens to be more than 5 hours they also put on a free city tour.

One very slight problem I've experienced is that if your plane lands in the early hours of the morning you'll find most of the Changi shops closed (whereas at Dubai, my favourite airport, they aren't). The waterfall, orchid and fern gardens are worth seeing and spending some relaxing time in/near.

OzTennis
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 9:59 pm
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OzTennis
As said, Changi (Singapore) airport is great. It was again recently voted the world's #1 airport. If you have more than an hour I'd recommend going from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 and back or vice-versa, depending where you land. There is a Sky Train connecting the terminal and it literally only takes a few minutes. We also went outside on other occasions and (probably because I come from Oz) I didn't find the heat or humidity a problem. If your transit time happens to be more than 5 hours they also put on a free city tour.
OzTennis
Who offers the free tour/how do you get on it? Sounds good.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

! By the way, will plane tickets be difficult to buy around then because of the Ashes?[/QUOTE]

I would have thought plane tickets would be almost impossible at that time of year!!!