Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Stopover query - different from others!

Singapore Airlines Stopover query - different from others!

Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singapore Airlines Stopover query - different from others!

Does anyone know if Singapore Airlines produce a paper copy of their stopover brochure? Obviously it is all on line but it would be handy for the family (not just me) to work out what we want to do. I have tried phoning but after waiting ages and not getting through thought I would ask you guys.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:31 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Re: Singapore Airlines Stopover query - different from others!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Does anyone know if Singapore Airlines produce a paper copy of their stopover brochure? Obviously it is all on line but it would be handy for the family (not just me) to work out what we want to do. I have tried phoning but after waiting ages and not getting through thought I would ask you guys.
Hi MP,

Can't offer you a paper copy but many of the hotels on the SIA offer are in the brochuurs in most travel agents. We have done loads of research as we are stopping the for 6 nights (as of next Friday!). If your looking for a resort type stopover, the Shangri La hotels (including Traders) look great. We are staying at the Copthorne Waterfront as there are nice strolls by the river in the evening, convenient for the shopping at Orchard Road. A guy in the office has just come back and says you need 2 days to do Sentosa Islane, on for sight seeing and one for a day laying on the beach!

The bloody reservation line is a pain - they weren't very helpful at all, ended up phoning the hotels direct to get details and went back to SIA to book.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that It's just so frustrating. Have no problem with technology etc but short of printing off every page re stopover from their site, I will have to book each of us a time slot on the 'puter to study the info as opposed to throwing a brochure at them and then telling them what I have decided
Old Sep 26th 2005, 3:11 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I had a real problem booking a stopover. Their UK contact number was constantly engaged. I was on hold for over an hour at one point. I eventually called their London switchboard on 02085366767 & asked for reservations. I was dealt with in 2 minutes! I'm staying at the Copthorne Waterfront.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Thanks for that It's just so frustrating. Have no problem with technology etc but short of printing off every page re stopover from their site, I will have to book each of us a time slot on the 'puter to study the info as opposed to throwing a brochure at them and then telling them what I have decided

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...3&title=&desc=
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

That looks good. Thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

A word of warning to anyone flying soon or on other school holiday dates. We are in Singapore 15th-20th October and had to take about our 20th choice hotel as they were all booked up. As it turns out, we have a nice one, but we were starting to get worried for a while as the travel agent took a week to find us somewhere. He could have got us a room direct or using Qantas' allocation but to get the Singapore Airlines benefits book early to avoid disappointment.