Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines + package deal?

Singapore airlines + package deal?

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Gippsland, Victoria since April '05 and loving it! (ex-Belgium)
Libra76 will become famous soon enough
Default Singapore airlines + package deal?

I would love to hear other people's experiences about the package deals of Singapore Airlines.

We only have a 15h stopover or so, and we just want to go to a hotel to sleep, stretch our legs, have a shower and let our DS run around

But when I rang Singapore airlines for info, the guy told me that they don't book you in at a hotel at the airport, but that they transfer you to a hotel in the city. Now, the idea of having to travel from the airport by bus to the city with a tired and cranky toddler, has put me off. So I declined the offer and said we'll book a room in the airport hotel ourselves.

But now I'm doubting... so I would like to know:

- has anyone done such a flight+hotel package deal with small children and how did the bus trip go?

- what was the hotel like?

- most importantly: how long does the bus trip take??? I don't fancy sitting in a bus with said toddler for a few hours just to get us the hotel for a quick nap.. we want as much rest as possible LOL

thanks
Els
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 2:55 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Singapore airlines + package deal?

Hiya Libra76
I had a stop over in Dubai due to the delay between flights, transfer was a minibus & was free.

Great to sleep, shower and change clothes

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Libra76
I would love to hear other people's experiences about the package deals of Singapore Airlines.

We only have a 15h stopover or so, and we just want to go to a hotel to sleep, stretch our legs, have a shower and let our DS run around

But when I rang Singapore airlines for info, the guy told me that they don't book you in at a hotel at the airport, but that they transfer you to a hotel in the city. Now, the idea of having to travel from the airport by bus to the city with a tired and cranky toddler, has put me off. So I declined the offer and said we'll book a room in the airport hotel ourselves.

- has anyone done such a flight+hotel package deal with small children and how did the bus trip go?

- most importantly: how long does the bus trip take??? I don't fancy sitting in a bus with said toddler for a few hours just to get us the hotel for a quick nap.. we want as much rest as possible LOL

thanks
Els
Shuttle takes about 20/30 minutes depending on traffic.

The hotels are all top grade.

Better than stopping at the airport.

G
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Els
Hi there. We found ourselves with a 15 hour stop over a few years ago, although didn't realise until the 11th hour! we booked hotel accommodation on the internet at the airport hotel, which was aboslutely brilliant. Would definitely recommend it. its only a short walk through the terminal. if you check out Changi Airport web site, all the details are on there.

Regards
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:41 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
Els

Why don't you go on the same flight 24 hours later? Unless you're really timebound it always seems a shame to me that you miss out on a stopover. Singapore is a great place to experience. (and you'll feel more refreshed for the second leg)
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

racheybabe is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Singapore airlines + package deal?

thanks
Els

Hi

Singapore is beautiful. Make the most of your time there and get out of the airport. Anyway, there are FAR too many nice things to buy in the airport, and I particularly advise avoiding the jewellery!!!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 3:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by racheybabe
Hi

Singapore is beautiful. Make the most of your time there and get out of the airport. Anyway, there are FAR too many nice things to buy in the airport, and I particularly advise avoiding the jewellery!!!!!
Be careful shopping for bargains in Singapore. :scared:

The shops just love a jetlagged traveller

Most make Delboy look honest

Be sure you know the real prices of things elsewhere before you buy anything and watch out for the little 'extras' they will try and sell you.

G
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:47 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by racheybabe
Hi

Singapore is beautiful.
Not the first adjective that comes to my mind.

I am booked for a 3 nights at the Orchard Parade on Orchard Road. All very sanitised and convenient Asia. The place is good fun but the last time I went we got a bit restless and fired up to Thailand by bus.

This will be our first trip with an infant so sanitised is what we want. There is a list of hotels on the airlines website. In all it is about 360AUD for 3 nights. Raffles is also listed up there for double the price.

Last edited by bondipom; Mar 2nd 2005 at 6:52 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Gippsland, Victoria since April '05 and loving it! (ex-Belgium)
Libra76 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your input everyone! Highly appreciated, as always

It is not an option for us to stay longer at Singapore, we don't want to waste any more money/time.

I will have another look at possible hotels, but I think we might just stick to the airport one after all.

Thanks again
Els
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

thanks
Els

We flew with Sinagpore and they are the best airline I have ever flown with.
However we had to wait in the airport after reclaiming our baggage for over an hour (with 2 year old twins in tow) while a transfer bus was ready to go. They seem to wait until they have a coach full of people so you can be waiting for other flights to land with people who are going to a hotel in the same area as you. When we finally set off we seemed to do a full tour of Singapore before arriving at our hotel as we were one of the last people to be dropped off.
Don't get me wrong: the flights, the hotel and Singapore itself were fantastic. BUT if we did it again we would just walk straight past the transfer desk and pay for our own taxi to take us directly to our hotel.